BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Not a fan of black grilles, keep it chrome although on modern BMWs the grilles may as well be the entire front end they're that big so makes little difference I guess. In the olden days black grille slats meant it was a 4cyl engine whilst chrome reserved for the 6. Those were nice little touches. Now even a x20d has exhausts on each side and everything else with only the engine noise and boot badge (unless deleted) to tell you what it is. Not even the brakes will give it away since you can get the M Performance big brake option on even the lowest models as I saw not long ago on 2 cars around town lol.

Personally not a fan of carbon front end bits either as I have a carbon fibre air scoop for my intake at the moment. It's a small item that just sits in the brake duct but the amount of stone chips it picks up and gets its lacquer damaged by is just insane so can only imagine the state of everything else that is CF on the front end on a car that gets regularly on the motorways and fast winding roads. I did consider replacing it but at £200+ for a new one from Evolve.... I'll stick to the battle scarred one lol.
I think the current 320d has bigger brakes than my e92 m3:p.

Man of Honour
How about ~40% off (OTR £44k) a 1 year old 530d SE with next to no miles on it?

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201905218180447

Or 43% off (OTR £52k) a 530d M-Sport Touring.

https://www.sytner.co.uk/bmw/car-search/10946716-1307632-bmw-5-series-530d-m-sport-5dr-auto/

Do these always drop in value this quickly?

My 530d was less than that at 11 months old with 5k on it. Though it does seem early in the life cycle to be seeing them that cheap, mind. Shocking wheels and naff spec mind.

Caporegime
Associate
I've had my 65 plate 530d for nearly two years now, and am starting to think about a change but I honestly cannot think of the next step.. in normal times I'm doing about 16k miles a year.. we have electric chargers at work now so I guess I should be thinking hybrid of some sort but where to start !

Soldato
I Paid 14.5k, did a service and 4 new tyres. But it was not tatty at all. One wealthy owner and full service history.

On just under 70k miles and has a warranty until October.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Just found your advert Dr House. Struggle to understand why that isnt selling (pre covid). It looks very nice and your advert is well priced at £12995 for a '65 in a very nice colour combination from a nice setting at 69k miles.

I think one thing against the car in general (and why these are such good value in general) is the fact that it is a little bit no mans land territory. By this i mean that its nearly 5 years old, so isnt new for business purposes, so the business/new car crowd is gone. It is also a saloon which are not really in vogue these days in comparison to something like a touring/SUV, or a newer warranted saloon favoured for business travel. You therefore require a bit of a niche buyer, the private guy who is happy to run that age of vehicle, but for probably primarily business travel. These guys exist (me!), but probably not in massive numbers in the scheme of things....

Last edited:
Soldato
I Paid 14.5k, did a service and 4 new tyres. But it was not tatty at all. One wealthy owner and full service history.

On just under 70k miles and has a warranty until October.

Whilst I would be personally put off by the lack of pro nav on the car, I think the biggest issue is how close it is in price to cars available from traders, often with fewer miles on the clock.

Back
Top Bottom