Photo Archive Organisation - What Software / Platform

Soldato
Hi,

I'm going to digitise all of my families old film prints.

I've purchased a photo scanner that can feed batches of prints though and save the files. Even so this will take some time.

I've also been through every old laptop and every old PC to pull all of the digital photos in to one place.

I now need to think about how to process them, how to organise them and where best to store them safely for the future.

I'd like to be able to tag them, e.g. people, location, occasion, key words etc and then have them be searchable but probably also grouped in to albums of holidays and occasions.

I know that Lightroom offers tagging but it would be good if I could share a link with family to view them in a browser so that it's platform / software agnostic.

What are you using for organisation and archiving please? Can you reccomend anything suitable?

Thanks

Associate
I am pretty sure you can do the sharing thing with Adobe too, using their portfolio option which I believe comes as part of the photographers subscription for LR/PS.

Alternatively use a photo sharing platform where you can setup password protected galleries could be another way of doing it.

Back
Top Bottom