Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
That's what I do. But it's acting as a switch and firewall rather than a router. You can't plug in your own cable router to the coaxial socket.

The only reason your router isn't acting as a router is if you've not put the superhub into modem mode. In modem mode, the Superhub is not routing or double-NATing. It's just like what Virgin used to do in the old days when it was NTL and Blueyonder, and you got a separate modem and had to add on your own router.

You can't plug your own stuff directly to the network (there are many good reason for this from VM point of view), but modem mode gives you everything else a router does, apart from being a modem.

Soldato
Thanks to a previous post on here I ended cancelling my old VM BB only 350Mb service (£31.50) and got the Ultimate Oomph package with £200 cashback and £35 off (basically the install fee). Now paying £79 month, which cumulatively is £20 less than I was paying having SkySports and BTSports separately as I did previously but comes as part of this package.

Plus now, I get the extra box, Sky Movies, mobile sim with 4gb data and phone line - which will probably not get used but may come in handy.

I know this is the 500Mb service and VM normally give you a little bit extra speed. i.e on the 350Mb I was getting 400Mb but I was surprised doing a speedtest...

9277663286.png

I'd take half that speed to get 100Mb upload.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone have a complaints email address or postal address for VM?

Did anyone else like myself get an oomph offer with free SIM, yet they set up a separate direct debit and started charging £12 a month for the SIM???

I've cancelled the DD but not before they've taken 2 payments already, the 2 people I spoken too weren't interested in the slightest and just transfer me to someone else.

Soldato

Did anyone else like myself get an oomph offer with free SIM, yet they set up a separate direct debit and started charging £12 a month for the SIM???

I've cancelled the DD but not before they've taken 2 payments already, the 2 people I spoken too weren't interested in the slightest and just transfer me to someone else.
How long after you joined did they take the DD? Just keep trying as eventually you will get through to someone that can refund you as the SIM is 'free' and part of the package.

I signed up on the 19th March and although there is a separate DD mandate in my account for the mobile part they have taken nothing and I presume that is just in case I incur mobile costs

Permabanned

Yeah I did, the bill I get for the sim is £0.

Soldato
Could anyone tell me how to get referral payout, from VM, both I and the 2 people I have referred have been chasing VM for the referral amount for the last few months and keep getting different excuses each time why it has not been paid.

At this point we have given up.

Soldato
Could anyone tell me how to get referral payout, from VM, both I and the 2 people I have referred have been chasing VM for the referral amount for the last few months and keep getting different excuses each time why it has not been paid.

How about looking at the T&C's as I would imagine they set out the criteria, timescales for payment etc. and who to contact if you have issues?

Soldato

You're meant to get the pay out 28 days after their install. Sometimes I've had it track only a month after the first payment was made.

Soldato
You really need to work on your way of talking to people.
You're meant to get the pay out 28 days after their install. Sometimes I've had it track only a month after the first payment was made.

While it's flattering that you take such interest in my posts, just like the last time where you illustrated an inability to understand the definition of the word intolerable, this time you've confused eligibility to receive a payment with the number of days to receive a payment. As clearly stated, it can be a further 5 weeks before you can claim your reward. Perhaps if focused more on your own posts and less on others, you might get things right?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/refer-a-friend-faqs

What are the conditions to getting a referral reward?

Your friend will be eligible for the reward at the same time as you are. After your friend has had their services installed for 28 days, or if it’s a mobile order 28 days after the phone or SIM is delivered, you’ll both be eligible for a reward providing they’ve not cancelled their new contract within this time.

Once the cancellation period has expired, we’ll send your rewards to Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio. In some cases, it can take up to five weeks after your mate’s services have been installed or their phone delivered for Aklamio to pop the reward in your referral accounts. Aklamio will contact you when the rewards have been confirmed, and both of you can have it paid into either your bank account or PayPal account at any time from your referral accounts.

Soldato
While it's flattering that you take such interest in my posts, just like the last time where you illustrated an inability to understand the definition of the word intolerable, this time you've confused eligibility to receive a payment with the number of days to receive a payment. As clearly stated, it can be a further 5 weeks before you can claim your reward. Perhaps if focused more on your own posts and less on others, you might get things right?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/refer-a-friend-faqs

What are the conditions to getting a referral reward?

Your friend will be eligible for the reward at the same time as you are. After your friend has had their services installed for 28 days, or if it’s a mobile order 28 days after the phone or SIM is delivered, you’ll both be eligible for a reward providing they’ve not cancelled their new contract within this time.

Once the cancellation period has expired, we’ll send your rewards to Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio. In some cases, it can take up to five weeks after your mate’s services have been installed or their phone delivered for Aklamio to pop the reward in your referral accounts. Aklamio will contact you when the rewards have been confirmed, and both of you can have it paid into either your bank account or PayPal account at any time from your referral accounts.
Unsurprisingly, you’ve missed the point. I’m saying that you are unnecessarily aggressive and abrasive. It’s like you have zero people skills.

Associate
I just got the M350 package from VM this morning.
Speeds seems fairly consistent over WiFi to my iPhone but to my computer in my bedroom via the TP-Link AV600 TL-PA6010 600Mbps Gigabit Powerline Adaptor Starter Kit plug, I'm getting 11 Mbps which is slower than (42mb) when I had BT Fibre 2.
Any ideas guys?

Soldato
Unsurprisingly, you’ve missed the point. I’m saying that you are unnecessarily aggressive and abrasive. It’s like you have zero people skills.

You seem to be confusing 'missing the point' with your personal opinion being largely irrelevant to the conversation taking place (perhaps you missed this is networking rather than GD?). Instead I pointed out you'd given poor advice, perhaps you didn't read the T&C's or perhaps you didn't understand them, perhaps english isn't your primary language. That you think someone telling me they perceive I have 'zero people skills' when they struggle to grasp simple words and sentences and have just incorrectly presented opinion as fact says more about you than me, but best of luck with that :D

Also, what powerline adapters are you guys using for VM?

Powerline is a really poor choice in most cases where bandwidth is a priority. Firstly powerline quotes speeds in full duplex, so 600Mbit just became 300Mbit (or we start referring to a gigabit connection as 2 gigabit, anything under gigabit powerline usually comes with 100Mbit ports. Now factor in that your average home the upstairs sockets tend to be on a separate circuit breaker to downstairs sockets which will significantly reduce bandwidth (jumping two breakers = bad), then things like extension/spur sockets also reduce bandwidth. Basically run a 5e or better cable if you want full bandwidth, powerline just isn't up to the job.

Soldato
You seem to be confusing 'missing the point' with your personal opinion being largely irrelevant to the conversation taking place (perhaps you missed this is networking rather than GD?). Instead I pointed out you'd given poor advice, perhaps you didn't read the T&C's or perhaps you didn't understand them, perhaps english isn't your primary language. That you think someone telling me they perceive I have 'zero people skills' when they struggle to grasp simple words and sentences and have just incorrectly presented opinion as fact says more about you than me, but best of luck with that :D

Delusional.

Back
Top Bottom