The Tesla Thread

Soldato
just seen the first few 'used' model 3's have started to appear on the official website, i'm guessing they were demonstrator cars as they're still being listed as new and qualifying for the £3000 grant somehow.

Around £6-7k less for around 10k miles so brings an SR+ with FSD down below 40k, be interesting to see if there's any regular SR+'s on the way there and what price they'll be.

Edging closer to what i can afford to pay!
They are on there for 34k
There are Performance ones for 47k too.

Soldato
Premium connectivity now available in your Tesla account - £9.99 per month

I'll see whether I purchase or not. I don't often use Spotify when in the car myself (usually talksport or something). I can stream music from my phone if needed.

The traffic thing is a bit gimmicky and I don't use it to re-route myself currently.

Will wait and see I think.

Soldato
A bit more than I spend for my mobile data, feels steep, I wonder how much data Spotify actually eats. I'll probably pay it.

Though if you can live without live traffic view (routing always uses it) and the satellite view, then possibly you can hotspot your phone and get all the rest via WiFi...

Soldato
I’ve almost done 10k in mine (9950mls)

Easily the best car I’ve had. For me it’s the convenience of charging at home/work and the excellent power train and autopilot that set it apart from any other car I’ve had.

more range would be nice but I don’t really go far that often.

Soldato
more range would be nice but I don’t really go far that often.

Good effort - mine has done about 15 miles in the last 7 weeks!! lol - still under 5k on mine.

Same - I'm still very happy with the SR+ model - done a few 250/300 mile day trips and charging whilst having a coffee etc is no issue at all.

Soldato
Wife has 50k miles on her Model 3 LR after 12 months. Thus far, only issues have been the vanity mirror lights and a recent development of significant wind noise from the driver side window. Battery is around 90% of its original capacity, and we charge to 90% every weekday.

Soldato
Wife has 50k miles on her Model 3 LR after 12 months. Thus far, only issues have been the vanity mirror lights and a recent development of significant wind noise from the driver side window. Battery is around 90% of its original capacity, and we charge to 90% every weekday.

where are you pulling the 90% figure of it’s original capacity from ? My Tesla model s after 2 years and many more miles had just shy of 99% of the original capacity? If it’s dropped 10%, I’d be calling Tesla.

To me it sounds like you’re using the estimate mileage figure. If so, as your car learns your habits it will update its estimate respectively so it will seem like less range even though it isn’t. It’s just more accurate.

Last edited:
Soldato
To me it sounds like you’re using the estimate mileage figure. If so, as your car learns your habits it will update its estimate respectively so it will seem like less range even though it isn’t. It’s just more accurate.

Tesla don’t do this. They use a rated range based on a set typical consumption per mile. Either ideal or typical which you can select in the settings. The estimate will change through degradation or software updates changing the scale. It definitely doesn’t change for driving habits I.e. it isn’t a “guess-o-meter” which a lot of other EVs use.

Soldato
Tesla don’t do this. They use a rated range based on a set typical consumption per mile. Either ideal or typical which you can select in the settings. The estimate will change through degradation or software updates changing the scale. It definitely doesn’t change for driving habits I.e. it isn’t a “guess-o-meter” which a lot of other EVs use.

Yes, typical is what will change based upon your driving happens. I’ve seen on both my Model 3 and Model S go up and down depending on how I’ve driven.

Either way, 10% in 10k miles with mostly charging upto 90% seems way to high..

Soldato
Yes, typical is what will change based upon your driving happens. I’ve seen on both my Model 3 and Model S go up and down depending on how I’ve driven.

Either way, 10% in 10k miles with mostly charging upto 90% seems way to high..

It won’t, I’m certain in the Model S I used to drive. Lots of articles about it online as well. The projected range (the one with the recent consumption on a graph) will change but the typical range shown next to the battery symbol is a fixed consumption per mile regardless of driving style. The consumption per mile varies between Tesla models and spec but it is fixed. This link has more info:

https://tesla-info.com/blog/range.php

It’s even mentioned on Tesla’s own website:
https://www.tesla.com/support/range

Displayed range in your Tesla is adapted based on fixed EPA test data, not your personal driving patterns. It’s natural for this to fluctuate due to the nature of battery technology and how the onboard computer calculates range.

Soldato
Good effort - mine has done about 15 miles in the last 7 weeks!! lol - still under 5k on mine.

Same - I'm still very happy with the SR+ model - done a few 250/300 mile day trips and charging whilst having a coffee etc is no issue at all.
I took it to Berlin over Xmas, it does turn into a stop every 90 mins for a charge job.

it’s ok though as you can use the screen to watch movies.

Back
Top Bottom