*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
FFS I missed that brief stock - I have been trying to get a Switch since late last year :(:o:p:mad:

So with these titles on sale, do we think more Switches will come into stock to coincide?

As of when? They had them last night, I had one in my basket but delayed too long to try and get a different version, and ended up losing it ffs! So I'm hoping that more come up today.

Game have stock of the grey console with Links Awakening for £299 if you're quick. Quoted you both to try and help. Good luck!

Edit: Looks like that's gone but now Curry's has the console in stock.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Quite a few games on sale at the mo. I picked up DBFZ, Yokus and Axiom Verge.

@Kreeeee I did pick up Guacamelee but wasn’t feeling too hot at the time (ill), need to revisit it. At the moment I don’t seem to need to bother with combos and I think it’ll be more fun with the pro controller than playing in hand held (which makes combos a little more tedious).

It’s a sign of the times that one of my first thoughts was “.... oooo cultural appropriation?” - I don’t think it’s in the realms of offensive, to me at least, but it is interesting to me that it came to mind. Personally I love the aesthetic.

Soldato
Managed to pick up Zelda BotW on the SA store for £33.65 with my revolut card. Been waiting for it to drop ages and was quite disappointed at the £41-42 cost on the UK store.

So i got a decent bargain then.

Soldato
Game have stock of the grey console with Links Awakening for £299 if you're quick. Quoted you both to try and help. Good luck!

Edit: Looks like that's gone but now Curry's has the console in stock.

Thanks for tagging me :) As it happens, I got one from the Nintendo UK store, which arrived today. And, tonight I had an email saying that one I ordered from Game has dispatched too, despite them showing a five day delay on all orders. I tried to cancel the one from Game due to the five day wait time but they're not taking calls and say they'll respond to emails in 10 days ffs! So now I've somehow got two! I'll be returning the one to Game after it arrives. I definitely don't need two although my six year old would think another would be a great idea!

Associate
Managed to pick up Zelda BotW on the SA store for £33.65 with my revolut card. Been waiting for it to drop ages and was quite disappointed at the £41-42 cost on the UK store.

So i got a decent bargain then.
It’s amazing how well the switch games hold their value.

Soldato
Well, I've only had my Switch since Saturday but I already love it. I'm annoyed at myself for not getting one sooner. I've missed out on so much! So far I've got Mario Odyssey and Zelda. Both are amazing. I've been playing Mario with my 6 year old boy, he's playing Cappy whilst I'm Mario and it's such a beatifully designed game. Nintendo really do know how to make a platform game!

And for Zelda, it's utterly amazing. Stunning visuals, great gsmeplay, a wonderful environment to roam around in. I'm only a few hours in but it's gorgeous!

I love that one big controller can be split into two separate controllers for two people. What a fantastic design!

I'm now feeling tempted by Animal Crossing. I love Stardew Valley and similar games, so should I be picking up Animal Crossing? What other games should I look at? Mario Kart is also on my radar!

Soldato
Well, I've only had my Switch since Saturday but I already love it. I'm annoyed at myself for not getting one sooner. I've missed out on so much! So far I've got Mario Odyssey and Zelda. Both are amazing. I've been playing Mario with my 6 year old boy, he's playing Cappy whilst I'm Mario and it's such a beatifully designed game. Nintendo really do know how to make a platform game!

And for Zelda, it's utterly amazing. Stunning visuals, great gsmeplay, a wonderful environment to roam around in. I'm only a few hours in but it's gorgeous!

I love that one big controller can be split into two separate controllers for two people. What a fantastic design!

I'm now feeling tempted by Animal Crossing. I love Stardew Valley and similar games, so should I be picking up Animal Crossing? What other games should I look at? Mario Kart is also on my radar!

God if you love Stardew Valley then you will adore Animal Crossing. Mario Kart is amazing yeah you need that. Splatoon 2? Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is amazing as well. Mario + Rabbids is very cheap right now on the eshop. Quality game if you like X-Com style strategy games. Don't start me in indies there are too many!

Associate

Mario Kart is a must as is Smash. I’d give Links Awakening a go as well once you get through BotW

Associate

Take a look at Luigi’s Mansion. My 5 year old loves it.

Back
Top Bottom