Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Associate
Bit annoyed with the turnip stuff!!

Bought 100k worth at 91 coins and been checking twice a day since lay week and highest price in the shop has been 49 coins WTF
I'm not interested in going online and joining others world for a fairer price and now it seems nintendo are trying to force players to do it imo.

At very least I'd expect to see around the 100+ offered but no where near all week so far.

Associate
Made 1.2M profit from turnips today from a friend's girlfriends island so not really one I can share sorry.

Happy to share my island prices if they're any good, though at the moment they are not. Guessing the discord is the best place for that?

Soldato
Started playing this at the weekend and I had high hopes since having recently played Stardew Valley (the only type of this game I've played before), loving it, and expecting AC to be similar but much more polished given that its a £50 game rather than a £12 one.

I must say I've been a bit disappointed so far. It seems like there's not a whole load to do in the game unless you're satisfied with playing for half an hour a day. Once you've finished whatever daily task there is, as far as I can see all you have left to do is wander around fishing and catching bugs. You can of course visit another island but once you've done that a few times they end up all being the same.

Does the game evolve at all or is that pretty much it? For £50 it seems a bit limited I must say.

Caporegime
There is far more to do, the early days are more grindy as the ireland begins to unfold. And there is plenty to do, the main enjoyment I think is from the island customization but it takes a little while to unlock that.

Soldato
I'm dipping in 20-30 minutes a day, it is repetitive by nature and you're nearly always grinding for something (how hard is up to you of course). I think Phate is spot on though, the long term satisfaction is from organising/customising the island. How much that resonates with you will depend on how OCD you are or how much you enjoy making a little island utopia.

I'm in the middle, I like the idea of having it all done but not relishing digging up all of the trees I planted in order to make my "orchards" look nice. For the most part I just play it with my daughter, largely propping up her spending habits!

Soldato
OP
I'm dipping in 20-30 minutes a day, it is repetitive by nature and you're nearly always grinding for something (how hard is up to you of course). I think Phate is spot on though, the long term satisfaction is from organising/customising the island. How much that resonates with you will depend on how OCD you are or how much you enjoy making a little island utopia.

I'm in the middle, I like the idea of having it all done but not relishing digging up all of the trees I planted in order to make my "orchards" look nice. For the most part I just play it with my daughter, largely propping up her spending habits!

I'm doing similar, my daughter just likes buying clothes and wants a bigger house so I'm working to keep her, not unlike real life to be honest... :)

I've put in about 35 hours so I've had more return from AC than half the games I own although I'm finding it a bit too grindy. Foreign fruit seems to be the only decent earner which doesn't take a lot of time but can only farm that every few days.

I like crafting but simple things like fish bait need to be able to be done in stacks, select recipe, cue animation and say yes to keep crafting and then select it again, over and over is just frustrating.

I'm also disappointed with bridge and slope building, so expensive to add some simple quality of life stuff to save getting out a ladder or vaulting pole.

Considered selling AC but if the kids enjoy it then worth keeping, plus can just dip in and out from time to time alongside whatever else I'm playing.

Soldato

Yeah, I'm also a 30 minute a day guy, I enjoy a bit of fishing and an occasional island hop, but don't have it in me to spend hours remodelling my island

Soldato
- Leif's Garden Shop added
- Different kind of bushes added
- Jolly Redd's Treasure Traveler can dock at you secret beach and sell you art and furniture
- The museum can expand to add an art gallery

Events:
- Nature Day from 4/23 to 5/4
- May Day from 5/1 to 5/7
- International Museum Day 5/18 to 5/31
- Wedding Season 6/1 to 6/30

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1252582860361531393?s=19

Back
Top Bottom