The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
comfort puddings ... with beaten double cream on following days

49772334838_cb180550a3_o_d.jpg

Nice. Bread and butter pudding is it?

Soldato
Yes - bread and butter ...
Aldi, on the date, 50% off bread bonanza ... have to crumb some and go for a steamed jam, or spotted d***, with the remainder
I'm guessing suet will be near the bottom of panic buying ingrediants..

Permabanned
Looks nice, you know you can open the aperture up on your lens!

This may help you with your photography going forward, most of your shots have poor depth of field management:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

What you trying to teach your granny to suck eggs for? Do you know who Raymond Lin is? lol

There's some absolute delightful meals in here! nom nom nom

Soldato
@Raikiri

What's the benefit of doing it spatchcocked? I normally just get a roasting tin, throw some onion/carrots in the tray and then bung a whole chicken on top and season/flavour.

I check it with a meat thermometer and it always seems moist, but yours looks particularly tasty!

EDIT - I also noticed you slice the skin, i don't do that either!

Soldato
@Raikiri

What's the benefit of doing it spatchcocked? I normally just get a roasting tin, throw some onion/carrots in the tray and then bung a whole chicken on top and season/flavour.

I check it with a meat thermometer and it always seems moist, but yours looks particularly tasty!

EDIT - I also noticed you slice the skin, i don't do that either!

Cooks more quickly so the breast doesn't dry out. Slicing the skin allows a bit more of the seasoning to get into the meat, rather than being all on the skin.

Last edited:
Soldato
I make a seasoned butter, usually with whatever dried herbs I'm in the mood for and then shove that between the breast and the skin. I also aim for an internal temperature of 60 degrees. End result is juicy well seasoned meat.

Soldato
I make a seasoned butter, usually with whatever dried herbs I'm in the mood for and then shove that between the breast and the skin. I also aim for an internal temperature of 60 degrees. End result is juicy well seasoned meat.

Yeah, that's a great method, but it does add about 1000 calories (130-140g butter) which is why I avoid it at home.

Soldato
49782032561_015d168295_o_d.jpg

... have to crumb some and go for a steamed jam, or spotted d***, with the remainder
I'm guessing suet will be near the bottom of panic buying ingrediants..

turned out to be a suet pudding, ginger+syrup breadcrumbs/flour/suet/egg - steamed 2hours in a saucepan

Back
Top Bottom