What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Might be worth checking the material you're using to fill chips as many don't advise polishing for a while afterward!

Good point I think the instructions say 24 hours but will check.

It's oem mazda touch up paint, I just fill the chips with a cocktail stick dipped in the paint. Not perfect but at least the eye isn't drawn to them.

Soldato
DNWzxKO.mp4

This definitely isn't me... almost crowd killed a tree :D

Soldato
Not today but Easter Monday. Managed to adjust the seat! It's something I've meant to do since I bought the car, but step 1 in the owners manual is 'remove the seat' :(.

Anyway, lots of (careful)swearing and fiddling later the seats are out. It's quite nerve wracking tbh, the rails easily scratch the carbon tub pretty badly and the threads are very very easy to cross-thread. As you can imagine cross-threading a carbon tub is probably bad news, so it took a lot of patience and a bit of praying to get it all back together.
On the plus side now it's done it is indeed much comfier. The problem is as stock the seat base is entirely flat, no rake at all you're almost sat at 90 degrees. I've lifted the front of the seat base now, so got that thigh support and also a bit more lean on the backrest - much much better.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Spring service on the Westy and a full clay bar clean, machine polish and wax + sealant - came up ok :)

Oguj8Xc.jpg

Just waiting for some Autosol to do the exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom