Fans ramp up on start up

Soldato
Pretty normal for many builds, you might not always notice it with high quality silent fans or fans connected to a controller that sets a fixed lower voltage(and thus fixed lower speed).

Soldato
Totally normal, first of all you get POST (power on self test), everything gets hit full whilst the bios is loading settings, if you have a post code reader on your motherboard, you can pretty much watch this happening, then hands over to Windows boot process.

Soldato
Pretty sure this is normal behaviour, as soon as you hit the power button the system is yet to post, until it does nothing is controlling the fans
Unless having actually good fan controller like Aquaero or Quadro...
Those "boot/POST" themselves lot faster than PC and even whole "start up boost" for fans is selectable and controllable in level and duration.

Soldato
Unless having actually good fan controller like Aquaero or Quadro...
Those "boot/POST" themselves lot faster than PC and even whole "start up boost" for fans is selectable and controllable in level and duration.

Personal preference I suppose. I like to use the BIOS rather than have additional hardware, wiring, software, monitoring etc

The way mine is setup the BIOS take care of everything but pre post the fans are momentarily not controlled inc GPU

Back
Top Bottom