Grimsby areas advice needed

Associate
Hi

I am looking to move to Grimsby (job move) and want to know good areas that local people can recommend. We will initially be renting and will look to buy in the future any terrace or semi detached type property. What are good areas/popular areas with a good family-friendly vibe?

Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mel

Soldato
Last edited:
Man of Honour
It surely must have improved since the days about a million years back, when I used to truck pulped fruit through the night from London to Ticklers Jam Factory in Grimsby.
As I’d leave the factory just before dawn, aiming toward Newark, to pick up the A1 home, it evoked an image of the land that time forgot.
It’s probably the garden spot of North East Lincolnshire now, but my blood would run cold when the transport manager would say, “Ticklers at Grimsby tonight, Jean my old son!”

Soldato
In terms of sensible answers to the question, Wybers wood is one of the better parts, also consider a village just outside by the name of Holten-Le-Clay. Areas to avoid are the willows or nunsthorpe, both are rough areas.

@Jean-F, that route must have have taken you around the outside of lincoln and then out to grimsby on a single carriageway road that has a couple of quite tight bends on it? Still a pain if you get stuck behind a HGV on it, but at least the section between lincoln and newark got dualled in '03

Man of Honour
In terms of sensible answers to the question, Wybers wood is one of the better parts, also consider a village just outside by the name of Holten-Le-Clay. Areas to avoid are the willows or nunsthorpe, both are rough areas.

@Jean-F, that route must have have taken you around the outside of lincoln and then out to grimsby on a single carriageway road that has a couple of quite tight bends on it? Still a pain if you get stuck behind a HGV on it, but at least the section between lincoln and newark got dualled in '03

As I said, it was a million years back, maybe that was the way that the roads were laid out then, I think that there were abandoned Roman chariots still by the side of the road.

Associate
avoid nunsthorpe and 'new nunsthorpe' which is an area in cleethorpes around rutland and harold street, also avoid the grange, west and east marsh areas. but these are also the cheaper areas to rent. So all depends on your budget. You can rent a 3 bed house in 'new nunsthorpe' for around £400pcm or you could buy a house for around 25k-55k

The better areas are Waltham, Holten le clay, Wybers wood, Cleethorpes (more towards the seafront and towards humberstone), humberstone, laceby and Scartho.

Its not as bad a place as people make out, houses are cheap. you can get lots of cheap food and cheap cigarettes from the polish and lithuanians. Drugs are very common, police are very rare. You'll walk down streets and openly smell and see weed farms they are pretty much everywhere. Other than the high drug use in the area, and some dodgy areas its not a bad place.

Caporegime
avoid nunsthorpe and 'new nunsthorpe' which is an area in cleethorpes around rutland and harold street, also avoid the grange, west and east marsh areas. but these are also the cheaper areas to rent. So all depends on your budget. You can rent a 3 bed house in 'new nunsthorpe' for around £400pcm or you could buy a house for around 25k-55k

The better areas are Waltham, Holten le clay, Wybers wood, Cleethorpes (more towards the seafront and towards humberstone), humberstone, laceby and Scartho.

Its not as bad a place as people make out, houses are cheap. you can get lots of cheap food and cheap cigarettes from the polish and lithuanians. Drugs are very common, police are very rare. You'll walk down streets and openly smell and see weed farms they are pretty much everywhere. Other than the high drug use in the area, and some dodgy areas its not a bad place.
Sounds lovely. What's not to like? You really sold the place, there. The Lithuanian drug gangs sound like a particular highlight.

Back
Top Bottom