The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
Been playing this for a good few weeks now, enjoying it for most of the time........ are random freezes and crashes the norm on this? I get the same message in the crash helper each time. UplayCrashHelper.cpp (104) Failed to get thread context with error 5. I did a verify in Uplay and it fixed some errors but still happening now and again. Only solution is a hard reset of the PC.

I'm running a Ryzen 3600X with 5700 XT

Very frustrating especially on final part of a 3 boss Heroic bounty last night!! Any help is welcome.

I joined the OCUK clan also (SLUG-HOLE) , but not seeing much action on there?

Associate
Slipperz have you tried disabling the uplay in game overlay ? That can sometimes resolve crashing issues.
Thanks I'll give this a go today, managed some games yesterday without any crashes!! Very random!
I think both OCUK clans are fairly quiet right now , when the new Raid launches we should see more action.
Good news, I'll get involved hopefully, I'm new to this so haven't done Raids yet :p

Soldato
Im on most evenings but due to not playing for awhile before the NY update I was removed from the clan.

never done any of the raids tho

Soldato
Been playing this for a good few weeks now, enjoying it for most of the time........ are random freezes and crashes the norm on this? I get the same message in the crash helper each time. UplayCrashHelper.cpp (104) Failed to get thread context with error 5. I did a verify in Uplay and it fixed some errors but still happening now and again. Only solution is a hard reset of the PC.

most of the tier 1 ubisoft games will show up any instability in your PC more than most other games, especially ram overclocks.

that said, the developers have been trying to trace a CTD server-side crash bug in the Division 2 for a good few weeks now.

looking at your error message, its probably your PC setup, I had to come down 50mhz on my GPU overclock for it to be stable.

V F

V F

Soldato
I went back to 441 drivers, the DX12 crashing no longer takes out the display driver but the game will consistently crash every 1 to 2 hours exactly with DX12. DX11 is solid as a rock but the performance is greatly reduced compared to running DX12.

With 445.78 the DX12 crashes would crash the driver. So there is something wrong with 445 series with Division 2. The game crashing should not be taking out the driver which doesn't happen with 441.

Soldato
I went back to 441 drivers, the DX12 crashing no longer takes out the display driver but the game will consistently crash every 1 to 2 hours exactly with DX12. DX11 is solid as a rock but the performance is greatly reduced compared to running DX12.

With 445.78 the DX12 crashes would crash the driver. So there is something wrong with 445 series with Division 2. The game crashing should not be taking out the driver which doesn't happen with 441.
What gpu do you have? I have a 2070S running Division 2 on DX12 without any issues.

I’ll check the driver version when at my pc but I got the gpu in December 2019 on the Black Friday deals and have not updated my drivers for the card since then.

V F

V F

Soldato
What gpu do you have? I have a 2070S running Division 2 on DX12 without any issues.

I’ll check the driver version when at my pc but I got the gpu in December 2019 on the Black Friday deals and have not updated my drivers for the card since then.

EVGA FTW3 1080Ti. I currently went to 441.87.

Associate
most of the tier 1 ubisoft games will show up any instability in your PC more than most other games, especially ram overclocks.

that said, the developers have been trying to trace a CTD server-side crash bug in the Division 2 for a good few weeks now.

looking at your error message, its probably your PC setup, I had to come down 50mhz on my GPU overclock for it to be stable.

I am running stock on the GPU at the minute with a 4.2 oc on the CPU. I am trying disabling the Uplay overlay as tracertong suggested, so far so good for after a few hours. Also went to DX11 and disabled DX12 render.

Ghost Recon breakpoint crashes exactly the same way, so must be an Ubisoft thing!!

Soldato
I am on AMD 5700XT now with DX12 enabled. On same rig with Nvidia cards (2070S and 1080ti) DX12 was a no-go, I did'nt mean to end up on an AMD card its just how things turned out in terms of selling them, my main issue with dx12 mode in this game and Nvidia was stutter. DX11 on the Nvidia cards cured all my problems with a good chunk of perf. lost.

V F

V F

Soldato
I am on AMD 5700XT now with DX12 enabled. On same rig with Nvidia cards (2070S and 1080ti) DX12 was a no-go, I did'nt mean to end up on an AMD card its just how things turned out in terms of selling them, my main issue with dx12 mode in this game and Nvidia was stutter. DX11 on the Nvidia cards cured all my problems with a good chunk of perf. lost.

That's strange. I never had performance issues with DX12 on the 1080Ti. It was smooth but it would crash exactly 1 - 2 hours everytime.

Back
Top Bottom