Cheapest 2.xx Second to 60 car?

Soldato
Used Tesla P85D. Cheapest ones are £35k.

Was going to say this but thought I'd get shot down and told to fo back to the EV thread :p. Benefit being the 0-60 is genuinely attainable; just put your foot down. No need to go through the gears and revs, dumpy the clutch like a professional racing driver.

One of the first owners of the Model Y Performance even beat Tesla's official 0-60 time...

Caporegime
The Dodge Challenger Drag Pak was a limited production car that cost $85,000 USD and would do 0 - 60 in 1.8 seconds, but it wasn't road legal without some adjustments to the factory spec.

As for modified cars, try this on for size. The Alpha Omega R35 GTR, road legal, 0 - 60 in under 1.5 seconds, 0 - 100 in 3 seconds, 0 - 186 in 8 seconds!

Soldato
I’d be going with a Golf R DSG, first strip it of all none essential items, fit lighter brakes and wheels.

Then focus on power, full lightweight turbo back exhaust, custom remap to the ECU and DSG so circa around 380BHP and that will put you around 3.3s.

Then I’d those extra few tenths are really important pretty much spend what you paid for the car and above again more or less on forging engine, bigger turbo, uprated drivetrain if needed and am sure you’d get it down to as low as 2.5s I’d really trying.

Other good options would be a TT RS or RS3 or a GTR.

Only issue all these cars share a common trait, though mega quick in a straight line and grippy they are well a bit boring to drive.

I don't think you would you accurately clock a GOLF R at 3.3s to 60(62) with a remap and exhaust. It would take that long for the turbo to spool up. An app on a phone is not an accurate tool for clocking 0-60 times either so we can rule out all the VWOC stickered Golfs :p as that's their go to method of clocking times.

Caporegime
I don't think you would you accurately clock a GOLF R at 3.3s to 60(62) with a remap and exhaust. It would take that long for the turbo to spool up. An app on a phone is not an accurate tool for clocking 0-60 times either so we can rule out all the VWOC stickered Golfs :p as that's their go to method of clocking times.
Perhaps not but I do think you underestimate them. MCM's series on the Golf R is worth watching. It did 0 - 60 in 2.9 with Revo bolt on mods and a tune.

OcUK Staff

Mine did it in 3.3s with launch control, remap, downpipe and TCU map. It was not tested with an app on a phone, but Racelogic box and Draggy, plus Santa Pod times, which all three are accurate. Without launch control it was just shy of 4s, speaking from actual ownership and using tried and proven testing hardware. No Apps, no VWOC stickers! :)

Caporegime
Mine did it in 3.3s with launch control, remap, downpipe and TCU map. It was not tested with an app on a phone, but Racelogic box and Draggy, plus Santa Pod times, which all three are accurate. Without launch control it was just shy of 4s, speaking from actual ownership and using tried and proven testing hardware. No Apps, no VWOC stickers! :)

Almost as quick as the fezza :p

OcUK Staff
Almost as quick as the fezza :p

Pretty much, it is only above 80ish where the Fezza just walks away, but just goes to show and prove that acceleration is only one small part of what makes a car truly good and fun to drive, if acceleration was the only metric then we'd all be lusting for top model Tesla's but I for one certainly am not.

The 458 is fun even at 20mph, let alone 200mph. :)

Soldato
Thing is just accelerating fast gets dull quickly. You get used to it and it stops being a rush. You need the handling and overall feel as well to keep it entertaining, so something like an Atom or Caterham is the way. Teslas are one trick ponies.

But if you really just want to accelerate fast the cheapest way is probably what they did on Top Gear. Buy a banger with a meaty engine, strip it out and fit nitrous :p

Tesla's are definitely not one trick ponies lol. Obviously never had one.

Back
Top Bottom