Brian Dennehy Has Died

Soldato
One of my favourite movies, probably due to the age I was when I first watched it (about 12 I guess), was Gladiator (the boxing one). Dennehy was a scary hard *******. After that, I always perked up spotting him in stuff

There was a fun story that popped up on Twitter a year or two ago, involving him and his industry-legend Hollywood agent. The story got back to him through his daughters, and he was reportedly delighted it had come to light. will try to find it....

Edit:
Here it is, it's quite a long thread. Also worth reading Dennehy's daughters' comments which appear at the end of the thread:

Soldato
Probably best known for Cocoon and Rambo but the performance that always sticks in my mind was his portrayal of John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer in the two parter, To Catch a Killer. He just knocked that one way out of the park.
RIP :(

Soldato
One of my favourite movies, probably due to the age I was when I first watched it (about 12 I guess), was Gladiator (the boxing one). Dennehy was a scary hard *******. After that, I always perked up spotting him in stuff

There was a fun story that popped up on Twitter a year or two ago, involving him and his industry-legend Hollywood agent. The story got back to him through his daughters, and he was reportedly delighted it had come to light. will try to find it....

Edit:
Here it is, it's quite a long thread. Also worth reading Dennehy's daughters' comments which appear at the end of the thread
That was a great read, thanks for posting. :)

Associate
Probably best known for Cocoon and Rambo but the performance that always sticks in my mind was his portrayal of John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer in the two parter, To Catch a Killer. He just knocked that one way out of the park.
RIP :(

Rambo, FX and Cocoon. When I first heard of this two-parter, Dennehy did not seem the obvious choice of an actor to portray Gacy.

Having watched, 100% agree. Very menacing and just had that screen presence.

Soldato
Sad news, will always remember him for First Blood, but Gorky Park and his portrayal of Gacy are also up there. Was only a few months back that he was in The Blacklist too.

Back
Top Bottom