Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Any idea how to get rid of the bits that get stuck on the microfibre?

Which bits? I used my towel to dry my car and then a microfibre cloth only for windows which dont have any 'bits'. Tad dirty, I will hand wash it and then throw it in with the mit I think.

I did use a second microfibre cloth to dry the wheels (which clearly I didnt clean well enough) and that ended up very black and dirty. I threw it away!

Soldato
Another quick novice question, cheap/quick fix for safely getting rid of water spots? Heard 50/50 mix of distilled white vinegar and distilled water works, or using a QD like Koch FSE?

That's because when you put it through the lance, you're further diluting the product...

Thanks for that, perfectly clears up what i wasn't getting when reading snow foam instructions :cool:

Any idea how to get rid of the bits that get stuck on the microfibre?

I've managed to renew a few of mine by hand-washing (non-bio), picking the bits of grit out by hand, then thoroughly rinsing them and then going over them again if need be.
This sure isn't the proper method of doing things and I guess microfibre's are suppose to be throw-away once they get impregnated with dirty/grime but, they look good as new and they get thrown in the 'non-critical' (not to be used on paintwork etc) pile any way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Polished most of my car today, will finish it tomorrow hopefully.

I used Scholl S20 for polish and Gyeon Can coat, looks nice but the downside of having to do it outside is the pollen that settles on it, look awful, but that comes off easy enough.

Soldato
Over the course of last week's evenings, I gave the MX-5 a good cleaning. (think I posted the interior last week)

Good hoovering, mats out and hoovered too, cleaned the leather, magic sponge the steering wheel then simply damp cloth all round to pick up dirt and dust.

interior.jpg

Got he car in the air, got the wheels off and done the inner arches whilst it was up.

Exterior got:
Autoglym Polar Blast snowfoam
Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner
Meguires Clay Bar with the Detailing spray
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

All with a generous pressure wash and microfiber towel dry in between where needed.

upback.jpg

upside.jpg

upfront.jpg

Since the wheels were off, I painted the calipers a few days later too. One was still looking pretty clean/metal from factory, but now they are all matching silver.

Also treated the wheels similar to the paintwork on the car:
Bilt Hamber auto-wheel cleaner
Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

Wheels are a bit gubbed tho, flaking inside on 2 of them, massive kerbing (which I actually done, first ever!), and a couple of bubbles on the face too :( At least 2 need refurbished, but might do all 4.

downback.jpg

downside.jpg

downfront.jpg

Coming to the end of a few of my Autoglym products, which I feel are getting a bit long in the tooth.

I'll be looking for new products for next year! I intend on using the car a lot this year after the whole Covid-19 thing, its off the road at the moment :( At least its looking pretty whilst it's off road.

Craig

Soldato
Cleaned the company wagon today. Just a wash, SRP and EGP. Should really have clayed it but I can't be bothered spending too much time on a workhorse that isn't even mine!

Never used EGP before but got it in a gift set last year so thought I'd give it a shot. So easy compared to my usual carnauba wax but somehow less satisfying to do. I'm sure the birds nesting in our roof will test out its protective properties soon enough :(

Also tried out my Vyair filter. In full sun I did still get some residue but I found out afterwards I should have run some water through it first... Oops. Still massively better than our hard water.

Associate
Yesterday's forecast here was supposed to be cloudy and dry so figured I'd go the full hog foam, wash, decontaminate, clay DA polish and wax. Got it foamed and washed and just about to start with the fallout remover and the sun comes out with vengeance, totally scuppered my plans. It's now to be sunny and clear the rest of the week..I just want a nice dull dry day.

Soldato
Hi

I have polished my car and applied Gyeon Cancoat, I read that you should let it cure for a good 24hrs and not wash car for at least a week.

I want to get the Gyeon Cure, that is supposed to be good as a top up, if I washed my car next week would it be ok to apply the gyeon Cure or is that to soon?

thanks

Soldato
I've heard of that, a favorite of the Forensic Detailing Channel :)

You're right, the same amount for the next area or panel.

A toothbrush should be fine for cleaning out the pad, although I would do full rinse out and dry at the end of the day.

I keep my clay in warm water which helps with keeping it supple.

Don't forget some pics when you get around to polishing :)

Finished the polishing today, did it over two days, finishing off with the passenger side and rear today, photos not the greatest as needed to do it down the side in the shade which is a bit tricky, also yesterday after the first polish on the drivers side, roof and front, the pollen in the air was very bad, so it was settling on the car which was annoying, not so bad today.

Im pleased with the results for my first try at polishing, I may have rushed the polishing a little at times, but to be honest the paintwork was in good shape being fairly new car.

IMG-1026-1.jpg

IMG-1028-1.jpg

I will get some Gyeon Cure for the next time I wash it, I read thats good for topping up Gyeon can coat.

Soldato
Yep, on the money, its the Ebony Mica. Far from the easiest of colours to see tho! Purple as the girlfriend calls it!

Picked up the same colour/spec, same reg/year as well oddly enough, a few months back and definitely, it isn't the easiest of colour to spot; looks almost black until the light hits but it's an amazing colour when it does :cool:

Back on topic, Autoglym have a sale on for anyone wanting some of their products.

Soldato
Quick question

Have applied Gyeon can coat to my car, need a top up spray that I can use every time I wash my car (every 4-5 weeks)

Looking at Gyeon Cure and Car pro Reload.

Want application to be easy as possible and the gyeon can be used on wet car as a drying aid, can the reload be used the same way?

Associate
No reason why you couldn't use either of the products you've mentioned as a drying aid, I have no experience of either unfortunately. Interested to hear how you get on though.

You could also consider something like CarPro Reset shampoo, designed for ceramic coatings.

Soldato
No reason why you couldn't use either of the products you've mentioned as a drying aid, I have no experience of either unfortunately. Interested to hear how you get on though.

You could also consider something like CarPro Reset shampoo, designed for ceramic coatings.

Have some of that which I will be using from now on, I think I will go with the reload. Cheers.

@Muska

I have a very thin layer of pollen settled on my car now:( after all that hard work:D.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone have a car dryer (leaf blower kinda thing) ? Are they worth it? I like the concept of a contactless drying method, eyes are on the Carbon Collective Airforce 1. But, it's £180, is it actually any good?

Man of Honour
Does anyone have a car dryer (leaf blower kinda thing) ? Are they worth it? I like the concept of a contactless drying method, eyes are on the Carbon Collective Airforce 1. But, it's £180, is it actually any good?

For that price, I'd just buy a Race Glaze or Pure Final Rinse based product and not bother drying your car at all. I've been using the latter for nearly a year and wouldn't look back, although it's about to need a resin replacement, but given how many times I've used it, was well worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom