Blurry text on 4K.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Some of my programs are a bit blurry in text.

My Spotify, all of it, the icons for my apps in the bottom right pannel etc..

I have clear text ticked and working..

Anything else I can try guys, im on a 4K monitor with scaling at 150% atm.

Cheers.

Associate
Its the scaling. Quite simply, some programs (or parts of them) are not written to adapt to the scaling applied by windows, so rather than simply saying for a 10pt font size, change that to 15pt as you would do for 150%, the programs take the rendering of the 10pt and stretch / enlarge it to be the same size as what a 15pt font would be...the stretch making it blurry.

Soldato
What size is your monitor? I'm running a 32 inch panel and have set custom scaling based on the ppi. I've done this on my other monitors too (27 inch panels) and it made a decent difference.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, im on a 43" monitor, its fine for the most part, just a few things its a bit underwhelming on, but im fine with it, I just thought I would ask what it could be going on?

@Mcnumpty2323 I have HDR in W10 off mate.

Associate
Try Display Settings-> Advanced Scaling Options.
There is an option on that screen to reduce blurry fonts (set to on for me).

There are also ClearType settings on Personalization->Fonts. Scroll to the bottom of this screen and select Adjust ClearType settings. If turned off, turn it on. Then click Next and it goes through several screens asking if the text is blurry or not.

Assuming Windows 10 but ClearType has been around for awhile.

Soldato
OP
Try Display Settings-> Advanced Scaling Options.
There is an option on that screen to reduce blurry fonts (set to on for me).

There are also ClearType settings on Personalization->Fonts. Scroll to the bottom of this screen and select Adjust ClearType settings. If turned off, turn it on. Then click Next and it goes through several screens asking if the text is blurry or not.

Assuming Windows 10 but ClearType has been around for awhile.

Strange, these settings are both on :( its fine though, for the most part its ok, I think like mentioned by @Donnie Fisher that some things are just not optimized for sharpness etc..

Soldato
Try custom scaling at 107 %. I know it sounds random, but if we assume that 96ppi is standard resolution and then increase it by 7 per cent, that should give you 102.72 ppi which isn't far out from what your screens actual ppi metric is.

Back
Top Bottom