Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Where’s the best place to order paint? Most places seem to have no stock or crazy pricing.

Is this a issue due to the lock down or has it always been this tough to find the paints online?

I have been struggling to get some paint and sprays. Mainly due to the lock down and that Games Workshop are shut and not delivering orders. I have found a few places online. I recently bought a couple of paints from Zatu Games. As you say, some places have put up prices.

Soldato
Where’s the best place to order paint? Most places seem to have no stock or crazy pricing.

Is this a issue due to the lockdown or has it always been this tough to find the paints online?

GW shut down their distribution centre on the 25th March

(though in reality it was earlier, my 23rd March pre-1pm order, that was still due for same day dispatch according to their COVID info page at the time, never dispatched, so I think in reality they shut down on Friday 20th March but just didn't announce it and carried on taking orders they knew they couldn't or wouldn't fulfil yet)

Anything you can buy from third parties now is just whatever stock they have left, they won't be getting restocked by GW.

You might find stuff like Vallejo paints easier to get hold of

Associate

Is this a issue due to the lockdown or has it always been this tough to find the paints online?

Yes, mainly due to lockdown I believe. I have been struggling to get some paint, mainly sprays. GW are also shut so restocks are not happening. I did recent;y order a few from Zatu Games.

I mainly use Citadel paints, so I am not sure what the situation is like with Army Painter or Vallejo.

Associate
I use my FLGS, or element-games.

I stopped buying GW paints ages ago, except some technical paints etc. Vallejo is my go to. I use Army Painter for sprays as lasts a lot longer than GW's, but i do rate the quality of GW's spray, it just doesn't last 5mins.

Element are saying 22nd May for dispatch for out of stock GW paint. They have good stock of Vallejo it looks like.

Associate
Yeah, Element Games are usually my go to. Most of the GW paints were End of April dispatch, but as you say that has now changed to May. I suspect that will change again depending on the lockdown.

I have a couple of Vallejo paints and they are good. i will get some more when I run out of the GW paint.

Last edited:
Soldato
I suspect anyone estimating dispatch dates on OOS GW products are just making stuff up, i've not seen anything to suggest GW have said anything about if/when they're re-opening distribution centres.

Soldato
I found more old warhammer stuff, and I've been getting back into it and doing a load of painting!

gw2020p2-1.jpg

gw2020p2-2.jpg

gw2020p2-3.jpg
gw2020p2-5.jpg

Soldato
Looks like GW warehouses are reopening as of today, so back orders will start to ship this week, independent shops will start to get restocks and lastly GW will open up for new online orders (supposedly by the end of the week)

Factories however are still closed, so they may still run out of stuff even with the warehouses back open.

Shops stay shut, no click and collect.

Back
Top Bottom