New build running hot, how to check aio?

Associate
Hi guys,

Just finished building a new pc, x570 with a 3700x and it hits 70+ degrees in bios.

Cooling is a rajintek eos 240.

The two fans on the radiator are spinning, and the radiator is plugged into a definitely working power supply port.

I’ve tried reseating it, and wiping off all the thermal paste and trying again but it doesn’t make a difference. Is there something I’ve done wrong? The user manual is really not clear on it.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Associate
OP
I have the rajintek Orcus so has a flow fan, but you need to connect the pump fan header into the CPU header on the MB and this will show the pump RPM is working in the bios? mine is showing as 5100RPM

Not sure I’ve followed you. The cpu bit (is that the pump?) has one cable coming off it which is a 5v RGB which splits to attach the rgb bits for all the other fans also and then goes into the rgb header. The fans light up but the cpu bit doesn’t.

The fans have a splitter which I attached to the cpu header and both fans spin?

The radiator just has a power connector which goes into a sata power cable.

The pump fan speed is 0 on my bios so I’m definitely missing something but I don’t see anything about pump on the instructions and there’s no missing cables?

Associate
That SATA on the radiator will be for the pump. It won't show in BIOS unless you use the mobo pump header- you're using a 'dumb' power connection so no feedback.
Main question is is that pump running? The logo on the CPU block should light up too

Associate
OP
That SATA on the radiator will be for the pump. It won't show in BIOS unless you use the mobo pump header- you're using a 'dumb' power connection so no feedback.
Main question is is that pump running? The logo on the CPU block should light up too

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure if it's running, I've always used air coolers before so not sure what I'm supposed to notice/hear? The CPU logo doesn't light up What's odd to me is that the cpu only has one single cable coming off it which is a 5v RGB cable (and the cable splits to plug the two fans into it). I've plugged it into the RGB motherboard header. Then the two fans go into the same cable. For some reason the RGB is working on the fans but not on the cpu which doesn't make sense as they're connected to the same cable?

Just watched the vid on their website. There should be a fan-type lead coming from the CPU block. Should go to cpu fan header on mobo.

There is one lead coming off the CPU block but it's a 5v RGB lead? And the instructions say that plugs into the RGB header not the CPU one?

The guide is here: https://www.raijintek.com/images/InstallationGuide-EOS-RBW.pdf

Soldato
70c in bios then your pumps probably not working
Or you didn't mount the block flat
You have to gradually tighten the block screws in an X pattern
If you just tighten 1 screw fully then the next etc it won't go flat
Put your finger on the pump you should feel vibration if it's working
Even without the pwm wire connected to cpu/fan header the pump will spin
As long as its powered

Associate
OP
70c in bios then your pumps probably not working
Or you didn't mount the block flat
You have to gradually tighten the block screws in an X pattern
If you just tighten 1 screw fully then the next etc it won't go flat
Put your finger on the pump you should feel vibration if it's working
Even without the pwm wire connected to cpu/fan header the pump will spin
As long as its powered

Ah thanks I'll try that tomorrow. I didn't tighten it in an X pattern so perhaps that's the problem. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Associate
Not sure I’ve followed you. The cpu bit (is that the pump?) has one cable coming off it which is a 5v RGB which splits to attach the rgb bits for all the other fans also and then goes into the rgb header. The fans light up but the cpu bit doesn’t.

The pump fan speed is 0 on my bios so I’m definitely missing something but I don’t see anything about pump on the instructions and there’s no missing cables?

Sorry, I was just going with my previous AIO pumps having a separate fan header connector. It looks like the EOS connects directly to the PSU https://www.raijintek.com/images/InstallationGuide-EOS-RBW.pdf so there is no way to use the BIOS to check the pumps speed. Maybe disconnect the fans and listen to the pump? They are quite audible?

Associate
OP
It's a good possibility then
Hopefully it's that simple a solution for you
Right thing to do by the way
New build straight in the bios to check temps before even thinking about installing windows

Thanks, and yeah I was happy it went to bios and then as soon as I saw it just getting hotter and hotter I knew something was wrong. I've chucked the stock cooler on now and it's fine, so just going to leave that on the next few days so I can actually use it, and then sort it out again next weekend. Really hoping it's not DOA, and that it's just my stupidity.

Sorry, I was just going with my previous AIO pumps having a separate fan header connector. It looks like the EOS connects directly to the PSU https://www.raijintek.com/images/InstallationGuide-EOS-RBW.pdf so there is no way to use the BIOS to check the pumps speed. Maybe disconnect the fans and listen to the pump? They are quite audible?

Ah ok I'll try and just hook the radiator on its own and see what I can hear.

Associate
OP
Could it be DOA?

I'm hoping that it isn't, but I think it might be. Especially as the CPU block doesn't light up when the fans do. And as per the instructions the cpu block cable is the one plugged into the MOBO, with the other two fans coming off it. So if they're turning on then the CPU block definitely should be. So I'm thinking maybe there's something wrong with the block? I'll give it another try sometime in the week and try out the variables and if not I'll get in touch with OCUK.

Soldato
I'm hoping that it isn't, but I think it might be. Especially as the CPU block doesn't light up when the fans do. And as per the instructions the cpu block cable is the one plugged into the MOBO, with the other two fans coming off it. So if they're turning on then the CPU block definitely should be. So I'm thinking maybe there's something wrong with the block? I'll give it another try sometime in the week and try out the variables and if not I'll get in touch with OCUK.
Maybe post some pics normally helps to have another eye on it

Associate
OP
Maybe post some pics normally helps to have another eye on it

Ok I'll get some pics up this weekend. I tried again earlier plugging it in set up outside the case and the radiator definitely makes a noise (I'm guessing it's the pump), but plugging it into the motherboard the RGB on the cpu block didn't light up (but if I plug the 5v cable from the fans into the CPU block then they light up.

Should I notice it getting cold to the touch? Since i'm running it outside the case not on the cpu, should it get cold?

Soldato
Ok I'll get some pics up this weekend. I tried again earlier plugging it in set up outside the case and the radiator definitely makes a noise (I'm guessing it's the pump), but plugging it into the motherboard the RGB on the cpu block didn't light up (but if I plug the 5v cable from the fans into the CPU block then they light up.

Should I notice it getting cold to the touch? Since i'm running it outside the case not on the cpu, should it get cold?
Wont get cold as such
Since it can't get colder than the ambient air temperature
But yes noise from the radiator will be the pump working since its built in /attached to radiator

Back
Top Bottom