LG Velvet

Soldato

oxjbbMv.jpg.png

Not many details yet apart from that it will have an SD765.

Personally I like the design. No horrible camera bump or punch hole camera(which are worse than a tear drop notch IMO). My only concerns are pricing and LG's utterly woeful track record for updating phones.

Soldato
The words dead, horse and flogging come to mind. LG should just give up and concentrate on TVs, they're good at those. I had a G3 back in the day and at the time it was decent as it was one of the first devices to reach 5.5inch screen size (imagine that lol) but as is well known their updates were atrocious. Even when the updates do eventually come through they are so buggy it's unbelievable. And their skin looks like it was designed by a 6 year old.

Soldato
The only figure I can find is apparently $700 in the US so if that's accurate one would expect it to be at least £600-650 here in blighty. That's iPhone 11 money and also consider the S10 lite is £499 which makes a much better 'mid-ranger' in my mind.

Associate
I had an LG G2. One of my favourite phones. Pretty slim bezels at the time and had everything I wanted; headphone jack, IR blaster, FM radio, NLED. The build was a bit plasticky but I didn't mind that at all as it was a good bit cheaper than Samsung at the time. They seem to have lost their way since then, at least with the G series.

At least they're trying something different now. Give them a chance and I hope they succeed. I'm don't have an allegiance to any particular brand and I think it's good to have as much competition as possible. Don't want one or two brands controlling everything.

Not a fan of the tall aspect ratio though :(

Soldato
LG will need dig deep if they want to return with a shred of success. They have been stale and lacklustre these past couple years to say the least.

Associate
The more manufactures that produce phones the better the market will be. But as people have said its whether they can produce a decent phone and back it up with updates and a decent skin.followed by a decent competitive price. The trouble that all manufacturing companies will face problems and sales atm with the covid 19 hindering a lot of companies and after we come out the other side of all this mess it will be interesting to see if we hit recession which will effect everything we buy. Money will be tight for most people. so it will effect sales of all sorts of things. this is why the new apple iphone 12 will jut be a slight update and no innovation on it i am sure i read an article on gsm area or the verge about the iphone 12.

Soldato
The name makes it sound like a bar of chocolate. Can you imagine a young bloke down the pub (after lockdown ends) pulling one of these out of his pocket and telling his mates "yeah lads see me new phone - it's a velvet, innit?"

Soldato
The name makes it sound like a bar of chocolate. Can you imagine a young bloke down the pub (after lockdown ends) pulling one of these out of his pocket and telling his mates "yeah lads see me new phone - it's a velvet, innit?"

They have history of that, I remember the launch of the LG Chocolate!

Back
Top Bottom