What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
But...but...but Shane Black was supposed to be the great saviour of the Predator franchise.

He's hit gold a few times in his career but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. He's also responsible for one of the worst MCU movies.

Soldato
But...but...but Shane Black was supposed to be the great saviour of the Predator franchise.

He's hit gold a few times in his career but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. He's also responsible for one of the worst MCU movies.

I think he just suits a certain style, buddy cop/crime thrillers he seems to excel at. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang is a great film, The Nice Guys was good and he was a writer on Lethal Weapon 1 & 2.

It doesn't seem to translate well to big-budget stuff like IM3.

The Predator was absolute tosh though.

Soldato
OP
I'm feeling in a generous mood today so:

Fantasy Island - 6/10

This has been massively slated and I wasn't in a rush to watch it but I just did. It's pretty stupid but to be fair I was generally entertained throughout. Don't think there is really anything original and of course for a horror its exposition heavy when needed. I probably won't watch it again. But i've seen much worse movies, especially horrors that I would rate far below this for general entertainment vaule. (It's probably a 5/10 but I watched the whole thing without pausing and doing something else so it deserves the extra point).

Soldato
Doomsday (2008) - 8/10.

Kind of topical except this was the Reaper virus and it was actually quite scary to see how a government would deal with it or even manipulate to achieve population control. Quite gory in places. Worth a watch.

Associate
Watched the first hour of "North by NorthWest". I was enjoying it, just really tired. I'll watch the rest tonight.

I need to watch more Hitchcock.

Also, re-watched "Ocean's Eleven" a few nights ago. Not as good as I'd remembered.

Soldato
Watched the first hour of "North by NorthWest". I was enjoying it, just really tired. I'll watch the rest tonight.

I need to watch more Hitchcock.

Also, re-watched "Ocean's Eleven" a few nights ago. Not as good as I'd remembered.
Hitchcock is fantastic. I have the dvd box set and many of his films are utterly brilliant. Rope, Vertigo and Rear Window are my favourites.

Associate
Watched the Oceans movies last week. 11, 12, 13. They are good for background watching and some very light entertainment while chatting. Obviously not intense but just what we felt like at the time.

Back
Top Bottom