• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
I've adjusted mine to your recommended settings - now, it was on 2070mhz and 1200mah so a small adjustment - didnt have 10% power limit enabled so also did that.

What do you have VRAM tuned to? mine is default at 1750mhz

Also card is on water so temps wise I should be fine.
Good job.

I just run the memory clock at the 1750, have tried 1800 with no problems :)

Soldato
Try these settings for complete silence with a 5700 XT reference board. You may need to add more voltage (state 3 - 1000mv) if you get instability.

Thanks again for the settings. The card doesn't seem to like 1000mV so I bumped it up to 1050mV and it completed the Heaven benchmark at ~1903MHz. I wouldn't say it's silent at ~2120RPM, but compared to my old R9 290 reference cards it's a lot better.

Need to get it to boost a little more now :)

Caporegime
Thanks again for the settings. The card doesn't seem to like 1000mV so I bumped it up to 1050mV and it completed the Heaven benchmark at ~1903MHz. I wouldn't say it's silent at ~2120RPM, but compared to my old R9 290 reference cards it's a lot better.

Need to get it to boost a little more now :)
I can't hear mine at that speed unless i stick my head in the case, but i guess it's subjective.

Try lowering the voltage further, i suspect you could get it down to 1025mv and then you may be able to lower fan speed further.

Soldato
I can't hear mine at that speed unless i stick my head in the case, but i guess it's subjective.

Try lowering the voltage further, i suspect you could get it down to 1025mv and then you may be able to lower fan speed further.

Cheers, I'll give it a try.

I found a post in this thread where you said that you were going to try the washer mod. Did you ever get around to it?

Soldato

I may have worked out why mine is louder than yours. I used your fan settings, but they keep changing to these values. I've set it twice and it's changed by itself:

1yDRN9k.png

Caporegime
I may have worked out why mine is louder than yours. I used your fan settings, but they keep changing to these values. I've set it twice and it's changed by itself:

1yDRN9k.png

That would explain it. I was stumped when you said 30% was loud Lol.

I would try reinstalling the 20.4.1 drivers and under Advanced Options during install select Factory Reset. I think it's Advanced options, or it might be named Additional Options...

If that fails, try a DDU in safe mode.

Caporegime
Cheers, I'll give it a try.

I found a post in this thread where you said that you were going to try the washer mod. Did you ever get around to it?
I have tried the washer mod in the past on a previous 5700 XT but it didn't make much difference to me, so i didn't bother doing it with this 5700 XT i have.

What made a bigger difference was buying and installing a special navi bracket linked here.

It removes all the grills from the stock bracket that comes with the card and makes the temps lower and fan noise is reduced too. If you can spare a tenner its worth getting imo.

Soldato

I would try reinstalling the 20.4.1 drivers and under Advanced Options during install select Factory Reset. I think it's Advanced options, or it might be named Additional Options...

Thanks! I've just reinstalled them using the Factory Reset option so I'll see if it helps.

I have tried the washer mod in the past on a previous 5700 XT but it didn't make much difference to me, so i didn't bother doing it with this 5700 XT i have.

What made a bigger difference was buying and installing a special navi bracket linked here.

It removes all the grills from the stock bracket that comes with the card and makes the temps lower and fan noise is reduced too. If you can spare a tenner its worth getting imo.

Awesome, thanks again. Certainly sounds like it's worth £10 and it's far less scary than adding the washers.

Soldato

I just worked it out. If the Radeon software crashes due to an unstable overclock, the fan settings change to the values in my screenshot above.

Soldato
I gave undervolting this a go last night.

A stock run through Heaven 4.0 yielded me a score of 3132 (High, 1440p). Clock speed topped out around 1850MHz, with temps around 95/105 (core/junc). Power draw peaked at 190W. Fan speed was around 2100RPM.

I've settled at 1800MHz and 925mV (for now). Those settings give me a score of 3086 in Heaven, with temperatures down to 80/88, fan speeds around 1500RPM, and a fall in peak power draw to 130W. Yes, it's an underclock. But only a modest one. And it's yielding quite a big drop in power draw and temperature. So I'm quite happy. Going to try the washer mod, as that might give me enough headroom to push above stock clocks while keeping the fan under 1600RPM (the point I start to notice it).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom