Recommendation for Django hosting?

Man of Honour
I currently have a PHP based site on TSOHost. I want to develop a site using DJango and can't see anything specific on TSO with regards hosting Django. I also can't see any obvious way to asupport wsgi on Apache to allow DJango hosting. I did open a ticket asking about it but a day and a half later there is no response.

So I'm looking for recommendations on where to host a Django site. Thanks.

Man of Honour
Any cPanel host running Cloudlinux with the Python selector available should support it I think.

Alternatively fire up a $5 Digital ocean droplet and use one of their prebuilt stacks, I'd be surprised if they didn't have a setup for it.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks. I did get a reply back from TSO and they don't support it. So I've done some more research and several providers such as Digital Ocean and Linode seem to jump out. Pretty much any IaaS in the cloud will do what I need.

Soldato
Thanks. I did get a reply back from TSO and they don't support it. So I've done some more research and several providers such as Digital Ocean and Linode seem to jump out. Pretty much any IaaS in the cloud will do what I need.

I've used Linode since 2010 and would highly recommend them. They just helped me out of a rather painful moment. I had cancelled my debit and credit cards because they got lost but because I was in hospital I couldn't just get my new cards so I sent a support ticket in saying that I couldn't pay on the 1st of the month. They contacted me back and said they had given me an extension to 22nd. In the end, I did manage to pay the bill on the 19th I think but I was really grateful for help Linode gave me in a difficult time so I would recommend them to anyone.

Man of Honour
OP
I've used Linode since 2010 and would highly recommend them. They just helped me out of a rather painful moment. I had cancelled my debit and credit cards because they got lost but because I was in hospital I couldn't just get my new cards so I sent a support ticket in saying that I couldn't pay on the 1st of the month. They contacted me back and said they had given me an extension to 22nd. In the end, I did manage to pay the bill on the 19th I think but I was really grateful for help Linode gave me in a difficult time so I would recommend them to anyone.
Thanks, good to hear. I had decided on Linode.

Jin

Jin

Associate
I don't know if I'm too late on this thread but Digital Ocean has market place images with Django already installed to save some time of configurating. I suspect Linode will be similar. I use scaleaway/hetzner personally. Check https://lowendbox.com/ for good deals for vps.
Also GCP/AWS has "Free" tier vps you can host django sites on. (Have to choose one of American servers).

Pythonanywhere also seems to make it easier to setup python web sites.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't know if I'm too late on this thread but Digital Ocean has market place images with Django already installed to save some time of configurating. I suspect Linode will be similar. I use scaleaway/hetzner personally. Check https://lowendbox.com/ for good deals for vps.
Also GCP/AWS has "Free" tier vps you can host django sites on. (Have to choose one of American servers).

Pythonanywhere also seems to make it easier to setup python web sites.
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom