**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Only thing possibly to consider is the Note is capable of 45w charging whereas the S10+ isn't. Obviously requires a separate charger but one thing worth noting in case it's important to you.

Soldato
I am generally OK with charging once a night on the normal fast charge thing.

One of the main reasons I am even looking at changing up my S9 is because it's not keeping it's charge like it used to, and given I can get a good trade in price on the S9 from Samsung direct it seems like it might be a reasonable/hassle free way to get a new phone.

The s pen looks like it could be useful but I've lived for years without one, so it's not a deal breaker.

I do use the 3.5mm jack as my car stereo is old, but I assume I can work around the problem of not having one.

The S10E may have been a reasonable shout for a short term/cheap hop until newer ones come along, but I've not spent much time looking at it.

Still considering options as there are other players on the market, and if need be I could wait a few months and hold onto the S9 for a bit longer.

Soldato
Thinking of selling my s10 for one of the s20 or up models the battery life is terrible on this. I use it for my CGM diabetic monitor and need models that work. The s20 should work is the battery much better?

Associate
I just recently ordered one of the last few S10+ to replace my end of contract S9+ as the headphone slot is something I want and it might be one of the last great phones to have it.

Dave85, it seems the standard S20 has way better battery than the S10, 4000MaH vs 3400MaH, though still not as much as the S10+ at 4100MaH, another option with headphone slot if that counts to you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes after some real consideration, I ordered the S10+ myself as well.

My S9 is still a great phone, but it's just getting on a bit and I wanted to trade it in before it lost all value, also new phone means a fresh battery, so hopefully I can hit a full day of usage more easily now (S9 would get to a full day most of the time, but sometimes it would run out earlier than expected).

Spigen liquid armour case on order to go along with it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The OneUI 2.1 update finally arrived to my HK S10e last night and immediately improvements have been noticed here and there. The UX appears to have lower latency, stuff just appears and moves more urgently. I have the animations set to 1x default still and everything is smooth as it was before, but now just quicker still,

The task switcher screen no longer lags when tapping another app to load because of the use of a 3rd party launcher. This means I don't need to use Good Lock's Task Switcher module to change the task switcher to something else now as I prefer the stock one.

The obvious camera feature updates too inc revised night mode and night hyperlapse addition that I'll be making use of :cool:

Be interesting to see what battery life is like as people online saying this has improved battery too and I was already getting 24 hours battery with 2.0.

Overall a sizeable update and one that means I have even less desire to want to upgrade this year and by next year we will almost certainly have Android 11 update out.

Soldato
New Good lock module
Samsung has released a brand new module for Good Lock, called Home Up. It introduces new ways in which you can personalize your One UI experience, particularly in regards to the home screen and apps drawer. It lets you customize the way your folders pop up from the home screen, it has additional blur effect settings, and it even lets you enable page looping for the apps drawer, which is probably one of the best new features.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/good-lock-module-customize-home-screen-app-drawer

Soldato
I loved the phone when I had it, I only changed to OnePlus 7T Pro because I got screen envy ;)
If you're set on a compact phone with flagship features for a reasonable price there's nothing better out there IMO.
If you're main concern is budget you could consider the S10 Lite but it's a different beast entirely.

Soldato
I loved the phone when I had it, I only changed to OnePlus 7T Pro because I got screen envy ;)
If you're set on a compact phone with flagship features for a reasonable price there's nothing better out there IMO.
If you're main concern is budget you could consider the S10 Lite but it's a different beast entirely.
I liked the compact design. I went from small phone to pixel 2xl and kinda wished I still had something smaller. The new iPhone came out and kinda got me thinking about small again. So many phones to choose from doesn't make things easy.

Was the exynos I was worried about. I hear stories.

Soldato
I can't say I had any bother with my Exynos S10e at all. Had no performance issues that I noticed. That being said I obviously had no Snapdragon version to compare it to. I'll admit battery life wasn't spectacular but I still got a day out of it and the wireless charging helps. I find my charging habits change depending on the phone. With my S10e it lived mostly on my wireless pad at work so it was always topped up. With my 7T Pro it gets a 30-45min charge on the cable each night or morning when I'm getting washed etc and that is more than enough to see me through to the following day.

Soldato
S10+ good so far, battery lasting really well compared to my old S9. I guess the extra 1000 odd mah is helping with that.

The pill camera on the front isn't the best, but I find I just kind of ignore it, doesn't jump out at me.

Power button on the right is a bit higher up than I'd expect as well, but that just takes a bit of getting used to.

Can see this phone lasting a good couple of years like my S9 did.

Speaking of which, the S9 went off to Samsung today, hopefully they don't play games and give me the full £250 trade in for it. Condition is good but some small scratches on the screen from wear and tear.

Soldato
I'm one of the worst affected S10e users here with battery life and basically half a day usage (3ish hours SoT), but if you're able to top up at work or car then you'll just about get through the day. Also note that battery life is only pants on mobile data and not Wi-Fi on which I can get up to 7 hours SoT.

Occasionally the phone throttles if I'm in an area with poor reception and have the GPS on as well (I do a lot of hikes and go running), so definitely invest in a power bank if you're going to be away from chargers. I am one of the worst affected users and most seem to be getting almost 5 hours SoT out of theirs so my advice, if your battery life doesn't improve after a week of use, just return it under the 14 days if you can't live with that endurance.

As for the rest of the phone, I do still really like it. Excellent ergonomics and size (had P30 Pro and Xperia before it), good performance, cameras and usual great Samsung screen.

Soldato
I'm one of the worst affected S10e users here with battery life and basically half a day usage (3ish hours SoT), but if you're able to top up at work or car then you'll just about get through the day. Also note that battery life is only pants on mobile data and not Wi-Fi on which I can get up to 7 hours SoT.

Occasionally the phone throttles if I'm in an area with poor reception and have the GPS on as well (I do a lot of hikes and go running), so definitely invest in a power bank if you're going to be away from chargers. I am one of the worst affected users and most seem to be getting almost 5 hours SoT out of theirs so my advice, if your battery life doesn't improve after a week of use, just return it under the 14 days if you can't live with that endurance.

As for the rest of the phone, I do still really like it. Excellent ergonomics and size (had P30 Pro and Xperia before it), good performance, cameras and usual great Samsung screen.
read a lot like this.

in work im on data only although can have phone plugged in.

the size is what appeals to me the most.

Soldato

which did you prefer between p30 pro and s10e?

Back
Top Bottom