Associate
Hi Guys,

What Pre-built or custom PC spec would you recommend, for best performance up to £3000?

I mainly play X-Plane 11, Gta V, Euro truck etc. I also want it to be pretty future proof for things such as the new Microsoft flight simulator.

Any advice on a build that fits those requirements would be great, ta :)

Soldato
Hi Guys,

What Pre-built or custom PC spec would you recommend, for best performance up to £3000?

I mainly play X-Plane 11, Gta V, Euro truck etc. I also want it to be pretty future proof for things such as the new Microsoft flight simulator.

Any advice on a build that fits those requirements would be great, ta :)

VRam and dual core performance for Plane X, until Vulcan comes out which should have happened a year ago

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,546.62 (includes shipping: £14.70)

MSFS will take just as much GPU power as well but DX12 so should work well across all cores hopefully !

Ryzen 12 cores

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,672.62 (includes shipping: £14.70)

OCUK would build for under £3k . Gigabyte UK RMA and support for mobo and ram as well as rep on here

Last edited:
Soldato
Intel is like that Ghost of Christmas Past with only minimum amount of cores for next-gen games on dead end platform without upgrades.
While AMD simply trounces Intel in future proofness for core/thread heavy games.
Next-gen consoles bring clock speed capped 8 core/16 thread 3700X variant as base level.
So future of the games is highly threaded.
Though improved architecture Zen3 coming late summer/fall likely stomps Intel in anything.

And especially graphics cards are now historically bad/future unproof for their price, courtesy of Nvidia.
For its off the charts bat crazy 200% higher price than Radeon 5700 XT , 2080 Ti is only ~35% faster.
GPU of next Xbox is such close in raw power to 2080 Ti that in actual performance might match it.
Especially with raytracing, which is major performance loss marketing feature for RTX.

So if you want PC you can keep for maximum time without part changes, better time would be when next-gen GPUs are out.

VRam and dual core performance for Plane X, until Vulcan comes out which should have happened a year ago

Looks like current X-Plane's implementation is rather crap when Vulkan improves result of ancient 2500K by quarter:

That board has worser chipset cooling than hundred cheaper Aorus pro with that marketing garbage cover restricting fan.
And instead of wasting on luxury for board actually worser in some areas that money would give actual future proofing in 2x16GB memory.

Soldato
@EsaT @James E

Flight Sim specs ! RTX 2080 + 8 Cores

https://wccftech.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-just-got-the-official-system-requirements/

Esat, OCUK sold out on boards and Wifi 6 card for £40 odd which makes getting the Elite and Wifi card for £230-250 odd (depending on where you get it)
Though master been designed to handle 24 cores ;) Pulled from marketing advertising being able to handle 16+ cores as a hint to Zen3

I just unplugged the Fan when I used Aorus x570 board and better thermal paste .

your right about extra ram! 32GB for top end new MSF

Back
Top Bottom