*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Does anyone know if you have a PS4 game on disc, let's say RDR2 and then you re-buy the game on Digital PS4 (installed on the same console), do the trophies in a sense reset and/or are you still playing the same game... If that makes sense. Is it treated as different game?

Soldato
Does anyone know if you have a PS4 game on disc, let's say RDR2 and then you re-buy the game on Digital PS4 (installed on the same console), do the trophies in a sense reset and/or are you still playing the same game... If that makes sense. Is it treated as different game?

You will need to re-install but trophies and saves should still work.

Soldato
It's treated as the same game for saves and trophies, however you will need to delete and redownload the game data. I did this with Uncharted 4 last week.

Soldato
I am not getting much time on it at the moment but I was impressed by Arizona Sunshine and want to play more of it. I can actually stomach the free movement in it too unlike Skyrim.
I might check out Arizona Sunshine at some point.

I am just loving the VR and how well it works. Wipeout in VR has been the first game to actually make me feel a bit sick.

Associate
So I've been playing Destiny 2 on PC since it was released and got few hounded hours of playtime on it so thought I'm going to give it a go on my PS4 PRO last night by enabling cross save.
Omg what a horrible experience.! Obviously it's running at 30fps which I expected (on both my desktop and laptop I'm playing at about 100fps)
but it's the very narrow fov that put me off big time.
Also it seems to be running at native 3840x2160 but without any AA whatsoever which makes it look bad as there is a lot of shimmering and funny looking edges.
HDR doesn't look good either as I can't seem to be able to dial the brightness right and always get some shadow detail loss or black turns to grey on my oled TV.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's treated as the same game for saves and trophies, however you will need to delete and redownload the game data. I did this with Uncharted 4 last week.

Interesting, because I have digitally bought Witcher 3 GOTY edition as I have lost the W3 disc and everything has reset back, including all trophies? Everything is at 0%

I was expecting it as you say to treat it as the same game, but it hasnt :(

Edit: I am wondering if it is because it is a different edition (i.e GOTY?) Should that make any difference?

Associate
I might check out Arizona Sunshine at some point.

I am just loving the VR and how well it works. Wipeout in VR has been the first game to actually make me feel a bit sick.

Wipeout really did sell me on VR, the only time I feel a bit motion sick is if I look up and around out the cockpit at speed.

Soldato
Interesting, because I have digitally bought Witcher 3 GOTY edition as I have lost the W3 disc and everything has reset back, including all trophies? Everything is at 0%

Edit: I am wondering if it is because it is a different edition (i.e GOTY?) Should that make any difference?

Could be, I know if you buy a game from a different region then the saves aren't compatible from the UK disc version. Found that out when I bought Horizon cheap on the US store after borrowing a friends disc copy.

I still can't find a way to download GTA V after I upgraded my HDD, it doesn't show in my library and I can't find it in the store. Only the GTA V Online version shows up which I can't download but the original purchase is still registered as I can't buy that version due to already owning part of the bundle.

Soldato

It probably is due to it being a different version. Well that is the only thing I can think of.

Associate
It probably is due to it being a different version. Well that is the only thing I can think of.

I had this issue with assassins creed unity. The physical and digital versions are treated separately despite being the same standard version.

I believe it’s down to the developer to decide if they share the same saves etc. Most do as far as I’m aware. Not sure about the trophy’s but I think there’s only a handfull of games that are like this.

Soldato
I've only ever went from Disc > Digital twice and both times my saved games didnt work between the two. Quite annoying when you've put some time into a game and you have to do it all over again. Trophies were the same, but saved game progress didnt work. I assume it has a different title ID and physical and digital are different. I guess a developer could build in a saved game migration but would be down to them to do this and not automatically picked up.

Caporegime
Hey anyone got any recommendations on. Good wireless headsets?

The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless seems to get good reviews the dual battery thing seems good and the bluetooth for phone calls when gaming would be good if it works.

How are they for doing calls? Gf lives in Italy so end up calling a lot.

Are they good or is there anything else that sounds better?

Soldato
Nice freebie, that Uncharted collection.

Only fired up the PS4 a couple of weeks ago after an absence of a couple of years, to get back into some JRPGing.

Excellent graphics that still hold up today, Naughty Dog really are great developers.

Soldato
I had this issue with assassins creed unity. The physical and digital versions are treated separately despite being the same standard version.

I believe it’s down to the developer to decide if they share the same saves etc. Most do as far as I’m aware. Not sure about the trophy’s but I think there’s only a handfull of games that are like this.
Yep this. I completed HZD on disc and got the appropriate trophies etc, bought the GOTY edition and had to start from scratch. What was totally weird though is that all my trophies and progress from the disc version completely disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom