Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Man of Honour
Saw new ones bid over 125 and second hand ones bid over 100. Definitely more than I can spend on a camera really!

Seems like a lot. I need one for the wife so will need to go digging soon enough. After that I am not too worried, certainly wouldn't want to be milking people. Mind you im still waiting for stuff for her build so probably won't need it until some time mid week.

Soldato
I got a HUANUO Aluminum Monitor Stand for £40 from Amazon, arrived yesterday and seems to be well made and a decent arm. I wanted one that would support my 27" fine but also have a decent footprint on the desk as lots of the cheap ones (I still think this is cheap mind) have very small footprints which I feel is potentially sketchy. The base on this one isn't exactly large really anyway, just a bit bigger than the super basic clamps that some come with.
The reviews seem to be decent enough for the one I have and it looks to be quite a solid unit and works well, having adjustment on the damper is nice, means the monitor is easy to move around should I want but it'll stay in position wherever I leave it (I know lots of them are fixed position arms).
The clamp has quite a large range on desk/worktop thickness too, up to 85mm, mine is only 20mm so a large amount of that isn't needed for me.

Soldato
I had a tidy up....

49741123391_2313e096d2_b_d.jpg

Soldato
I should deffo do a bit more cable management, but the 1 year old keeps pulling on it from behind the draws!
i6QEnuD.jpg

The hell are those plastic sucker things on the drawers?

Also, how do you find the GoXLR mini? Been considering one solely because it can power an SM7B without a cloudlifter. That seems a rarity at a decent price in a small form factor these days.

Back
Top Bottom