Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That's got nothing to do with how indefensible Trump is, it's because this is an echo chamber, everyone is nasty and refuse to listen, won't change our opinion, biased, or something else that can be used as an excuse for why they're choosing to run away, they don't have to run away, they've chosen to do that. ;)

I followed the first few lines but the last the last couple were a bit unintelligible ;)

Soldato
You see a leader in genuine difficulty. Do you throw stones and join the haha brigade, whipping up fellow minions to be safe in the tyranny of its majority?

Or do you desist and rend aid, defend the top?
So are you saying we shouldn't hold those in power to account? That we should just defend those at the top no matter what?

Because i though the whole "drain the swamp" thing was all about those at the top being untouchable but here you seem to be saying those at the top should be untouchable.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
So are you saying we shouldn't hold those in power to account? That we should just defend those at the top no matter what?

Because i though the whole "drain the swamp" thing was all about those at the top being untouchable.

To your first question, no, since first, that is an impossibility. And second, we guard our shared greater system performance by distributing the work of maintaining it by constructive criticism - this is the basis of the historic superiority of our civilization - we achieved and achieve faster adaptation by faster signal feedback systems = faster error correction = more robust system. No-one, no critic and no leader, can be asked to chain themself to the trike of Commit, Emote, Suffer.

Associate
To your first question, no, since first, that is an impossibility. And second, we guard our shared greater system performance by distributing the work of maintaining it by constructive criticism - this is the basis of the historic superiority of our civilization - we achieved and achieve faster adaptation by faster signal feedback systems = faster error correction = more robust system. No-one, no critic and no leader, can be asked to chain themself to the trike of Commit, Emote, Suffer.

What? Since when has Trump been open to constructive criticism?

Soldato
The rant piece posted by JRS was worth a laugh. Though I'll admit I laughed at its flaws. The rest is (in the main) echo chamber cheerleading. It was and remains notable for pointing out some strengths of British character. But not the most important ones, I suspect due to the authors pedigree. It contains some distinctly middle-class neuroticisms elevated to virtue, so he cannot be faulted for it.

The question remains...

You see a leader in genuine difficulty. Do you throw stones and join the haha brigade, whipping up fellow minions to be safe in the tyranny of its majority?

Most have already answered.

what a load of tosh. You remind me of a squaddie mate of mine that believes you should never question authority or hold it to account during any kind of crisis. Sorry we aren’t at war, we aren’t fighting off the Third Reich on the beaches, Battle of Britain etc etc. This is a health crisis. Trump is so unfit to lead it should be pointed out whenever he does something idiotic. He gives plenty of opportunities.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
What? Since when has Trump been open to constructive criticism?

You raise the right point, but perhaps miss an aspect of it. At the moment, I can perhaps only state it by way of blunt question (I've just had a coffee), which I ascertain will likely cause a more emotive than substantive response simply due to our differences in nervous system configuration. I require more time to be tactful.

Man of Honour
You raise the right point, but perhaps miss an aspect of it. At the moment, I can perhaps only state it by way of blunt question (I've just had a coffee), which I ascertain will likely cause a more emotive than substantive response simply due to our differences in nervous system configuration. I require more time to be tactful.
Golly gosh is there such a need for all the clever words, it's impossible to understand what you're actually trying to say.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

Go with blunt. The absolute worst we can do is say something mean in return.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
what a load of tosh. You remind me of a squaddie mate of mine that believes you should never question authority or hold it to account during any kind of crisis. Sorry we aren’t at war, we aren’t fighting off the Third Reich on the beaches, Battle of Britain etc etc. This is a health crisis. Trump is so unfit to lead it should be pointed out whenever he does something idiotic. He gives plenty of opportunities.

A health crisis is more of a managers remit than that of a strategist. It can always be suitably delegated.

You clearly have misunderstood (or simply have not read) my much earlier post on the matter more than 5 hundred posts upthread.

Soldato
I'm keen to explore the validity of using the words "trump" and "constructive criticism" in the same sentence, unless of course it's to state that he doesn't like it, listen to it or allow it.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
The disadvantage of his critics is their incompetence (from lack of experience and/ or training) at communicating effectively with a non neurotypical thinker without concurrent constitutional intellectual disability.

Last edited:
Soldato
The disadvantage of his critics is their incompetence (from lack of experience and/ or training) at communicating effectively with a non neurotypical thinker without concurrent constitutional intellectual distability.

Speaking of a lack of competence in effective communication....

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Going to try a different tack for a moment.

The question remains...

Most have already answered.

When you say 'rend aid', what precisely is it that you think we should be doing? What do you think would aid Trump?

Oh, and...

The disadvantage of his critics is their incompetence (from lack of experience and/ or training) at communicating effectively with a non neurotypical thinker without concurrent constitutional intellectual distability.

You know you're not allowed to make up words, right? ;)

Caporegime

The ironing of this post :D

Hahaha, honestly, you post some weird stuff man. At least you’ve moved on from your attempts at the whole Mystic Meg thing :D

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Going to try a different tack for a moment.

When you say 'rend aid', what precisely is it that you think we should be doing? What do you think would aid Trump?

Oh, and...

You know you're not allowed to make up words, right? ;)

Thanks for pointing out the spelling error. I'll go back and correct it.

Caporegime
You cannot comprehend standard English that contains accepted professional terms simply because you are not familiar with the field in which they pertain and have clear precision.

To.

To which they pertain.

Look, I love a good wordsmith myself, and often try to live up to the best of them, but there are two rules to this game:

a) One does not highlight the efforts of attempting to elevate to wordsmith status.

b) If you’re going to attempt to elevate to wordsmith status, it generally helps to avoid butchering the English language.

Good effort though, if you managed to get all the words right it would’ve been an 8. Sadly you only achieved a 4.

Try harder young padawan, in the words of the patron saint: “you got this”

JRS

JRS

Soldato
You cannot comprehend standard English that contains accepted professional terms simply because you are not familiar with the field in which they pertain and have clear precision.

That's a pretty cocky post for someone who managed to misspell 'disability'. Just saying ;)

RxR

RxR

Soldato
As I stated in the other Trump thread in SC (in a single post) at some length - subsequently shortened - there is no shortage of good intent to achieve greater things on either side of the communication gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom