Team Group Edition 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit

Associate
Hi,

I just built an AMD PC, however, the RAM I got(Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18) turned out to be a faulty one. Did the tests mentioned on this forum(Removed one stick and tested with a single stick), both sticks fail(Ran memtest86, found multiple errors). My motherboard is Asus TUF x570 Gaming Plus paired with a Ryzen 7 3700x.

I was looking at:
Team Group Edition 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit as a replacement. Its not listed on the Memory QVL, however on the below link, it says its Ryzen 3000 8 pack approved and compatible.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3600mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08q-tg.html

Could someone please help me with the decision as the other RAM modules that I have looked at which are present in the QVL are either very expensive or out of stock.

Thanks

[Edit] updated with the test name and methodology

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Works fine bud. Have the same and just order more for a fully 32gb across all slots.

Expensive, but I like the look of it.
Thanks :) Although I can't yet afford 32GB, I will go with the 16GB for now.

Out of interest what fails? How does it fail?

Having two dimms fail is very rare. Although can happen.
My RAM is slotted in A2 and B2, removed one from A2, ran test again: got errors when running memtest86, This is what I meant by failed, sorry for any confusion. Did the same procedure for the other RAM slot, that failed with multiple errors too. Don't remember the exact number of errors, but I guess I drew the short straw in the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom