Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
Nice, what is the lit up module sitting under the left hand monitor?

Looks like a streaming sound/mixing deck of some sort? :)

GoXLR Mini

The hell are those plastic sucker things on the drawers?

Also, how do you find the GoXLR mini? Been considering one solely because it can power an SM7B without a cloudlifter. That seems a rarity at a decent price in a small form factor these days.

As Andy mentioned - to stop the kids getting to my snacks! :D

The GoXLR is immense. I love the ability to be able to use a slider to adjust discord... or turn my main game volume down, or turn my entire headphones up. I use it to send audio to the streaming PC too, so it does numerous things for me. Lovely bit of kit, although wish I had bought the full blown version to have the extra voice changing bits for fun (thats the child in me though..)

He referenced to a 1 year old so I'm guessing it's to stop zee child.

correct :)

Soldato
GoXLR Mini

As Andy mentioned - to stop the kids getting to my snacks! :D

The GoXLR is immense. I love the ability to be able to use a slider to adjust discord... or turn my main game volume down, or turn my entire headphones up. I use it to send audio to the streaming PC too, so it does numerous things for me. Lovely bit of kit, although wish I had bought the full blown version to have the extra voice changing bits for fun (thats the child in me though..)

correct :)

Aye, fair enough. Does the volume adjustment for other apps still work if your headphones/speakers aren't connected directly to the GoXLR?

Associate
I had a tidy up....

49741123391_2313e096d2_b_d.jpg
LOL, you have a bass shy system, I'd go for a 21" sub. You can feel 20Hz. You and the unfortunate ones living near you :)))

Associate
I work from home 95% of the time, so decided to make my own desk last year. The second 'monitor' is actually a TV, but will likely replace with a monitor at some point in the future.

Have got my eye out for a better chair because the existing one does give me some issues.

oB7T2d8.jpg

jnqOAOV.jpg
oB7T2d8

olsQp4H

Last edited:
Soldato
Haven't posted in this thread for years, thought I'd stick a couple of photos up after having a bit of a tidy up and some new hardware. Nowhere near as smart-looking as most in here, but it's a nice little space for me.

Pertinent details:

- Dell XPS 13 i7/16gb/512gb/QHD+ (personal)
- Dell XPS 15 i7/16gb/1tb/4k OLED (work)
- 2 x Dell U2518D
- Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt dock
- Logitech G213 keyboard
- Marantz PM5005 amp, Quad S1 speakers

jrTNPW8.jpg

IQjfzZi.jpg

Soldato
Is that a kitchen counter? If so, how is it connected to the drawers/legs etc.
It's from IKEA. I have the same one with two sets of "Billy" drawers. The drawers actually come with rubber mounts you can put on top to stop it sliding. You can also buy brackets to attach it properly to the kitchen worktop.

The desktop is actually a sheet of osb painted. It's fixed to the wall at the left and back sides and the ubiquitous IKEA Alex drawers on the left.

Back
Top Bottom