What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Land Before Time - The 80’s dinosaur cartoon. Put this on for a light watch and holy **** this was horrendously sad!! Pass the tissues! There really is a strange amount of death in some children’s 80’s films. I particularly ‘enjoy’ how doing the whole Mufasa thing wasn’t enough, they then have to double-down on the sadness with that ‘shadow scene’. Jeez!

Actually a very good film with a very pleasing run time of ~70 minutes. Not something I’d just shove a child in front of unsupervised though. I had seen it before, but I must have repressed my memories of how brutal it is!

7/10

The first film I ever watched at the Cinema

Soldato
Pitch Black

We were struggling for something to watch and this popped up on Netflix, so decided on a re-watch.

Great film but terrible picture quality on Netflix. I'm going to invest in the 4k blu-ray, if they ever release it:eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Extraction (2020)

Definitely shows that the director (excellent debut btw) has an extensive background as a stuntman, there's a video of him strapped to a bonnet of a car while shooting one of the car chase scenes.

Solid action throughout but perhaps takes itself a little too seriously in places. Helmsworth seemed a good fit and there were some John Wick glimpses with the pistol work.

7/10

Soldato
The foreigner

jackie chan seeks revenge after his daughter is killed by terrorists

more of a serious role from jackie chan than his usual martial arts flicks

also has pierce brosnan in it as a gerry adams wannabe

enjoyable 7/10

Soldato
Wow, some very high scores for Extraction. I thought it was about as cookie-cutter as you could get. Some b-grade acting from everyone outside Hemsworth and the kid, formulaic action and predictable story. What a shame. I'd give it 5/10 tops. Probably 4/10 really.

Associate
A Good Woman is Hard to Find - ok, although small budget with some bad acting 4.5/10

Extraction - ultimately dumb but kind of entertaining, and there were loads of continuity mess ups throughout. 5/10

Man of Honour
Extraction and enjoyed it, very good fight and action scenes, exactly what I was in the mood for. Bit a annoying that the narrative scenes were so quiet and the action scenes so loud, constantly messing with the volume but other than that it was good.

7/10

Just seen this. Glad you say that, I was going mad having to adjust the volume all the time, dialogue was so quiet in some scenes

Soldato
I watched Extraction as well.. Thought it was a more militaristic version of John Wick in India without the revenge plot. I enjoyed it for what it was, the action and fight scenes were very well done, especially the single shot scene. Will also agree the audio did seem too quiet in places but also emphasized the shots when they rang out.

7/10

Soldato
The Rise Of Skywalker

Now I don't have rose-tinted specs when it comes to Star Wars, they're just decent popcorn movies. I enjoyed The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. But this was just utter, nonsensical dross.

Randomly flip-flopping from one rushed scene to the next, awful fighting across spacetime wtf scenes, no flow to the movie at all. They dead! They not dead!

Just an awful film, I was glad when it ended. The other half was glad when I said it was nonsense as she not being a SW fan had absolutely no clue what was going on. At least TFA, TLJ, Rogue One etc. stood as watchable films on their own.

2/10.

Soldato
The Rise Of Skywalker

Now I don't have rose-tinted specs when it comes to Star Wars, they're just decent popcorn movies. I enjoyed The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. But this was just utter, nonsensical dross.

Randomly flip-flopping from one rushed scene to the next, awful fighting across spacetime wtf scenes, no flow to the movie at all. They dead! They not dead!

Just an awful film, I was glad when it ended. The other half was glad when I said it was nonsense as she not being a SW fan had absolutely no clue what was going on. At least TFA, TLJ, Rogue One etc. stood as watchable films on their own.

2/10.

Pretty much agree with this. Just dire from start to finish. It's just lots of random rushing around from one pointless scene to the next. Force awakens was a very average reboot, last jedi was pretty terrible, but this was just a complete turd of a movie.

Back
Top Bottom