Alien: Isolation...

Soldato
I finally managed to get this game finished tonight.. What a horrible game (in a good way)! Definitely one of the better games I've played in a while. The missus will be glad I've finished as my screams of terror when I've been killed yet again won't keep her awake any more! :D The last few missions were pretty intense, getting hunted down by the Alien with hardly any supplies, I rage quitted more than a few times during that part.

Soldato
OP
I finally managed to get this game finished tonight.. What a horrible game (in a good way)! Definitely one of the better games I've played in a while. The missus will be glad I've finished as my screams of terror when I've been killed yet again won't keep her awake any more! :D The last few missions were pretty intense, getting hunted down by the Alien with hardly any supplies, I rage quitted more than a few times during that part.

Now do all the DLC's...especially the Nostromo one :)

Soldato
I thought the first one was a bit patchy tbh. Tried to force Ripley in to the story unnecessarily imo. The other two were excellent though.

I have just started what i think is the 1st book.... it is the prequel to the covenant. seems good but it is not (or at least not yet) like an alien story. just about politics and big business.

Soldato
OP
I'll have to check them out, might need a break as my nerves might not be able to take it right away!

They're good for atmosphere but the most annoying thing is that virtually all of them are against the clock which made me lose interest quick. Obviously it makes sense for the Nostromo level to be time limited but it ruined the experience for the others.

Associate
I still can't play this. 46 years old and I get too scared...like watching the first Alien film when I was a youngster.

:)
42 here and I still have nightmares from when I first watched the first Alien film for the first time. This game could be free, I wouldn't play it. Hell, they could offer me £100 to finish the game and I would just straight up refuse. It looks like a great game but god, I can't do it.

Associate
might have to give this a go again, i got to the medical bay level, around level 6 i think, but the alien kept getting me and i just got frustrated and never went back to it, is there a fair bit of gameplay beyond that point ?

Associate
might have to give this a go again, i got to the medical bay level, around level 6 i think, but the alien kept getting me and i just got frustrated and never went back to it, is there a fair bit of gameplay beyond that point ?
Think medbay is about 1/3 of the way through.

Caporegime
It's hilarious watching people do speedruns of this on Twitch. They can leg it through medical without seeing the alien a single time on occasion. But when I play it, the bugger won't leave me alone.

Associate
They shelved the sequel didn't they? Such a shame as I still rate Isolation as probably the best game I have played in terms keeping my attention.

I am sure I had a glitch which gave the ending away.

Soldato
Can the DLC's be played in VR?

Has there been any updates to the mothermod? It's been a while since I've fired it up and I've never played the DLC so would be great to play them in VR.

Back
Top Bottom