The Division 2 - March 2019

V F

V F

Soldato
I just started playing on pc but struggling with it as it’s impossible to get a matchmake at story level :(

Playing solo is better than being carried through the story. It teaches you the aspects of the game and learning your own playstyle. It was why I played the entire game including Warlords solo.

What aspect are you struggling with?

Associate
Picked up a Bullet King last night - bit of a game changer! always been a AR player but fully converted now
I'm ready to join some hound hunting :D

Soldato
That is odd. I played over 4 hours last night in one session and not a crash or stutter.

I traced the problem to an overheating DIMM stick. Forgetting my own sage advice earlier in the thread about this game being one of the most sensitive in the industry to RAM.

Soldato
A 40% nerf is ridiculous. Is that scale unprecedented in the game?

In defense of the M1A nerf, i think they will revert it back at some point.

Too many players running full dmg with M1A, for a strategic shooter rpg something has to change. For the next update massive are signalling a re-focus onto skills and gadgets.

Shotgun and SMG not really viable and not rewarding enough for the risk.

I do agree about the fire dmg though, especially the drone spam.

Soldato
Getting pretty sick and tired of the over powered enemies with sniper like accuracy from subguns at ranges outside of my sniper rifle. Was doing a CP not long back and had all my armour (1.3M) and 95% of my health stripped by a 'red' subgun enemy that was sat way outside the range of my sniper rifle. Then, as I was swearing at the game, I was hit by a Molotov that had been thrown with pinpoint accuracy from about half a mile away.

Oh and don't get me started on the enemies who take a full LMG magazine to the face without even flinching, but who then one-shot you as you reload. Makes it even more ridiculous when they're just a thug wearing a t-shirt and jeans and you're a heavily armoured and highly trained agent.

V F

V F

Soldato
Getting pretty sick and tired of the over powered enemies with sniper like accuracy from subguns at ranges outside of my sniper rifle. Was doing a CP not long back and had all my armour (1.3M) and 95% of my health stripped by a 'red' subgun enemy that was sat way outside the range of my sniper rifle. Then, as I was swearing at the game, I was hit by a Molotov that had been thrown with pinpoint accuracy from about half a mile away.

Oh and don't get me started on the enemies who take a full LMG magazine to the face without even flinching, but who then one-shot you as you reload. Makes it even more ridiculous when they're just a thug wearing a t-shirt and jeans and you're a heavily armoured and highly trained agent.

This is why I don't stack armour. I've heard others comment the same thing. 1.3 million armour gone in a blink.

Sometimes I don't know what to make of the scaling at times.

Also, what difficulty are you on, Challenging or Heroic?

Soldato
Challenging. Heroic is just a drag, even with a pure DPS build it takes far too long to down enemies. I can't understand the thought process of the developer who decided it was a good idea to have even basic enemies that can soak up so much damage and at the same time be so overpowered.

V F

V F

Soldato
Challenging. Heroic is just a drag, even with a pure DPS build it takes far too long to down enemies. I can't understand the thought process of the developer who decided it was a good idea to have even basic enemies that can soak up so much damage and at the same time be so overpowered.

It's such a lazy approach. I wish we had extremely smart AI for Heroic. They won't come out in the open, peek corners, play like pro CS players but don't take eternity to kill. I'd love to see them throwing grenades/smoke or flash to run somewhere so they don't get hit. Plus it would be nice if it was a one or two shot kill mode. A tactical mode.

So many developers follow the same approach for hardest difficulties, more and more armour. They never seem to try super advanced AI.

I mean come on, we've got all these powerful guns that feel like potato guns. I don't want it easy but seeing people unload 2 - 4 magazines is insane. I want to see super complex AI that would put humans to shame. Not crazy amounts of armour and dps.

Soldato
In defense of the M1A nerf, i think they will revert it back at some point.

Too many players running full dmg with M1A, for a strategic shooter rpg something has to change. For the next update massive are signalling a re-focus onto skills and gadgets.

Shotgun and SMG not really viable and not rewarding enough for the risk.

I do agree about the fire dmg though, especially the drone spam.

They reverted it last week.

Soldato

I've been developing a build with full armour, hazard and explosive protection, crusader shield, armour on kill and bonus armour on kill talent on the backpack.

For damage i use Sawyers kneepads, focus, and weapon damage increase on headshots and i'm literally dealing so much damage right now whilst being able to somewhat not care about fire/explosives to some degree.

I'm sticking with this build, it's fun and it fits my playstyle.

Back
Top Bottom