What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Just seen this. Glad you say that, I was going mad having to adjust the volume all the time, dialogue was so quiet in some scenes
Seen as the mixing is one of the last parts to happen on a feature I wonder if they had to do this remotely or something. It was awful and we just gave up hearing most dialogue.

Personally I give it 3/10. Not a patch on any of the John Wick movies although the 12min chase was pretty good.

Soldato
Seen as the mixing is one of the last parts to happen on a feature I wonder if they had to do this remotely or something. It was awful and we just gave up hearing most dialogue.

Personally I give it 3/10. Not a patch on any of the John Wick movies although the 12min chase was pretty good.

2/10 for me, it was derivative garbage. John Wick is sort of bad but in a knowing way that makes it fun. This was just dreadful all over.

Associate
The Land Before Time - The 80’s dinosaur cartoon. Put this on for a light watch and holy **** this was horrendously sad!! Pass the tissues! There really is a strange amount of death in some children’s 80’s films. I particularly ‘enjoy’ how doing the whole Mufasa thing wasn’t enough, they then have to double-down on the sadness with that ‘shadow scene’. Jeez!

Actually a very good film with a very pleasing run time of ~70 minutes. Not something I’d just shove a child in front of unsupervised though. I had seen it before, but I must have repressed my memories of how brutal it is!

7/10
This is a great film and I’d also forgotten how brutal it is. On a similar note is watership down!

Associate
Rambo First Blood - a solid movie although dated now, still packs a punch at the end 7/10

Rambo First Blood part 2 - typical 80s action movie, 6 exploding arrows/10

Rambo 3 - ridiculous 4/10

Soldato
12 Monkeys 9/10 really great film haven’t watched it in years and my memory wasn’t rose tinted. Every it as good as it was 20 years ago. It’s the middle of Brad Pitt’s golden period and he’s great. One of those few and far between roles that remind you how great Bruce Willis can be when he gives a damn. Madeline Stowe is excellent. It’s not the most beautiful film but it’s has style and conviction of delivery. Brilliant.

Soldato
Had a movie evening and as it's about to turn midnight I guess that could be classed as last night :p. Some new and some old.

Bad Boys For Life - 5/10

Wasn't expecting much, got exactly that. Martin Lawrence acting abilities havent aged well, tried way to hard to be as funny as 20 odd years ago, he was terrible in it and looked completely lost. Very average and sad to see they left the end open for another. Just let it go now.

Extraction - 7/10.

Who needs Arnie when you got an Aussie. Good action, very well shot and well acted fight choreography. The story was pretty standard action affair.

Battle Royale - 9/10

Probably the 10th time I've watched it, never get bored of it. Im sure this was the first film that ever did this last man (school kid) standing type thing. So whacky, so out there for it's time, a real great.

Tron - a big phat nostalgic 10/10.

Again, not my first watch, one of the most watched movies in my collection of all time. Brings back huge memories of growing up watching it at nans every christmas, memories of my family. The movie that got me into computers, anything techy. I love everything about this movie.

Last edited:
Soldato
Underwater 6/10

Have to be honest, I didn't dislike this film. Half decent creature feature.

Could have done with a little more foreplay so I cared about the characters more. Don't rate Twilight girl that much but wasn't too bad overall.

Soldato
Underwater 6/10

Have to be honest, I didn't dislike this film. Half decent creature feature.

Could have done with a little more foreplay so I cared about the characters more. Don't rate Twilight girl that much but wasn't too bad overall.

I just thought the creature made no sense at all. The creature in the original alien films had a credible life cycle and made sense. This was just silly. And I really dislike Kristin Stewart and her constant open mouth gorp, she's a very poor actress.

That said, I've seen worse films. It was ok.

Caporegime
Extraction: one of my favourite movies in 2020. An honest-to-god over the top action movie with a solid plot, good writing, BRUTAL action and fight choreography and a crazy fight scene at 55mins that you could only get away with in India. In fact, being set in India really made this film stand out for me. I didn't even notice any excessive CGI and lord knows how much all of that live action craziness cost them. very importantly is that it also had no forced humour at all, it was bleak as you would expect if the situation had of happened. I enjoyed it thoroughly and will definitely watch it again after an appropriate wait. :D

8/10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom