Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Top is the day I picked it up around a month ago, can't say that the dealer done a particularly good job of the valet and has left white wax streaks on the wheel arches that I am still trying to get rid of. Bottom is after I've given it a decent wash, still needs a bit more work but it's getting there.

Associate
My Focus ST. Bought as a weekend car currently on 68k and will do less than 1k a year when my company car comes through.

It was already lowered and had a 3" downpipe and RamAir induction when I purchased it. Over the last few weeks I have:

Painter Calipers
Added Spacers (25mm rear, 20mm front)
Sprayed fog surrounds and grills black
Delted the Symposer
Fitted a Wisbech Crossover pipe

jzIVGiG.jpg
oKhHX0Y.jpg
zyHdOxI.jpg

Soldato
Recently (pre-lockdown) sold this after nearly 8 wonderful years of ownership:

49834122472_94d4a19cc2_b.jpg

And replaced it with this as the new family wagon:

49833814316_67d1e43a54_b.jpg

But still have this...cos sometimes you just need a V8 in your life:

49834120147_36502898d7_b.jpg

Soldato
My two...

F10 520d for normal duties, these just because I love them, both cars I admired when I was coming of age, 2 years coming up with the DB9.

49834389881_467718e259_k_d.jpg

49833858598_64a6bba404_k_d.jpg
2 beauts there that I would have in a heartbeat!

I'll always remember the first time I watched Gone in 60 Seconds and saw that shape 911 smashing through the glass as it was being 'boosted'.

Love that shape, and the DB9 is class.

Soldato
2 beauts there that I would have in a heartbeat!

I'll always remember the first time I watched Gone in 60 Seconds and saw that shape 911 smashing through the glass as it was being 'boosted'.

Love that shape, and the DB9 is class.

They really are 'keepers' could keep both forever and enjoy as they take me back to a certain part of my life / era and that alone is special. I won't bore everyone with the details but enthusiasts will know what I mean.

Yes I remember! also I loved the Top Gear episode they did with the DB9 and they raced the Eurostar I believe it was?

EDIT : it was the race to Monte Carlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfdktvDuIlU

Soldato
Yep that was awesome, I remember thinking how gorgeous the DB9 was and still is - it's aged really well.

I think every petrolhead has hero cars. Some sort of Aston would be mine (probs the DBS as it makes me weak) but the R34 GTR will forever be one of mine. Sadly they are wildly expensive for what they are and likely out of reach. I'll just have to deal with @Building Candy posting pics of his every once in a while!

I think my next attainable car would most likely be a carbon copy of @acemastr Mustang. Not too expensive and it's a V8! That's a lovely colour too!

Edit
Holy crap - Gone in 60 Seconds was 20 years ago! The TG DB9 episode was 2004! Where's it gone?!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

So I probably purchased S2000 at worse time possible and best time possible, just before lockdown, so worse as I am sure I could rebuy it now for £1000 less, but best time because during this lockdown and glorious weather, driving, restoring and modding this has kept me really entertained over last month and still plenty to do, but am happy with how clean it is looking after machine polishing, undersealing etc.

s2k1.jpg s2k2.jpg s2k3.jpg s2k4.jpeg

As per all the cars I own I like to restore them to as near new condition as I can so I can experience how good the car was when it left factory and of course its not the fastest car, far from it but it is such an entertaining car to drive.
Goes for an alignment / bush check tomorrow so then I can replace bushes/bolts as required to dial in alignment, once lockdown is eased got another set of AP2V1 wheels going for a full diamond cut refurb and will then fit a set of PS4 or F1AS5's all round, then am considering some Ohlins DFV coilovers for the car and shall drop 15-20mm.

Feel it is getting there and certainly is now looking spotless for its ages, it did have a few dents but local dent guy came out and repaired them all for £50 on the drive last week so body work is pretty much spotless now. :)

Back
Top Bottom