The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
I was surprised to see a release date of June, I thought this got delayed till next year for some reason, not been following it much as my ps4 is boxed up, but I will be dusting it off for this.

Soldato
I was surprised to see a release date of June, I thought this got delayed till next year for some reason, not been following it much as my ps4 is boxed up, but I will be dusting it off for this.
If was "indefinitely delayed" and for some reason a lot of people equated that to "we won't see that before 2021" when what they meant was "delayed with no new release date".
I was going to wait for the PS5 to play this on when I first read about the delay as I was one of the ones who didn't think we'd see it this year. However, I know it will be spoilt before then, so may pick this up.
I don't know - I so rarely buy games at release these days. I did pick up "Fallen Order" on release date, but that date happened to fall on the weekend before I had a week off work - so played it non-stop, completed it, got the Platinum and sold it for only £4 less than I paid for it.

Soldato
You have the option to click on what you like, like I said, calm down.

I'm entirely calm and haven't demonstrated otherwise, I just think that spoiler tags are insufficient (especially when post quoting/editing evidently goes wrong) and that people shouldn't be allowed to post leaked footage and story spoilers when the game isn't even out yet; it serves no purpose to allow it and it invites more people to post spoilers or allude to what they've seen.

If that's the precedent that's being set though, I'll duck out of this thread for the foreseeable.

Soldato
It was a youtube video that you had to click on to watch. The choice is entirely up the user if they wish to click on it. I put it in spoilers to warn those who do click on it.
Ah I see. Fair enough, as long as the thumbnail wasn’t spoilery (I’ve logged out of YouTube because of this :p )

Soldato
From what I've read online about it, I'll wait until it drops its price.

Apart from appealing to a certain agenda, a lot of people seem to be complaining about how it destroys the current fiction of the first game.

I won't say any more. But its pretty easy to find out whats in the new game. I haven't seen any video. Just read from a trusted source of the storyline.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
people seem to get really angry over what is ultimately a trivial thing

I think they need to have more to worry about in their lives if this it what triggers them

there are some real wierdos out there, some of the postings on you tube comments are unreal...

Soldato
WTH have I missed. I want to check out spoilers now and I don't at the same time lol.

Does Joel like man love or something lol is he a white supremacist or pedo??? ahhhhh must not check lol

Get woke get broke? Meh I generally don't have a problem with diversity or GP as long as they don't change long standing characters and try to rewrite the past game for internet likes.

The Last of Us is a new IP so they basically have a blank canvas.

Anyhow I trust NG not to make a game that's not just woke trash but will be well written and acted unlike the crude Hollywood is churning out.

Soldato
I've read the spoilers as I'm not too bothered, TBH. I can still play it knowing the twist as I don't know anything else and I was expecting something similar.

All it confirmed for me is that's what happens when you touch a game that didn't need a sequel. That's what I've been saying before, much to the dismay of some people here because it's ND and all.

When you have a game with such a powerful but subtle ending and with everything that happens leading to that ending, you let it go to rest.
Otherwise, you're bound to go overboard trying to top the plot of the first game and shock the fans, which is probably what'll happen here. Even if it's beautifully done, I'm pretty sure it won't go down well.

Back
Top Bottom