Streets of Rage 4

Soldato
I was under the impression they all got cancelled and refunded on CDKeys?
My cdkeys order status has changed to closed and the email link for the key now says payment pending. I've sent them a ticket about it. If I have to get it on Steam then np. I only went to cdkeys because Steam was slack on putting up a price and pre-order and I got ants in my pants about getting it ordered.

Soldato
windows store version is working for me using game pass. Had to do a update of all store apps which probably helped.

I tried for an hour to get it to boot but still no luck.

I think I'm going to go for a bike ride and if it still isn't working when I get back I will purchase on steam.

It would mean my friend having to buy on steam also but he is having his own issues with the store version, his arcade stick is not working.

Obviously I want my arcade stick to work also.

Associate
Downloading now from UK Xbox PC gamepass store, just search for it and you can download on the UK store.

It's not updated on the recently added section for me but I could search for it and download it, just about to play, be back with opinion.

Associate
After a quick playthrough where I actually died on the last hit of the last boss on the first level, it's does feel more difficult on normal but you can't set lives like you could in the other games. I also had a quick go on SoR 2 on Steam Megadrive collection to get a good comparison.

The good: The combat is very good, they've kept it true to the original games with it feeling a bit more complex and smooth. Exceeded my expectations in that department.

Music: A lot of effort into creating some dance music hooks like the first games, doing a good job on that.

Overall graphics: Actually the line drawn cell shaded style looks a lot better than I thought, more solid and layered looking than the flat paper effect I was expecting.

The Bad: This is only opinion but the new characters aren't well designed for me, a giant version of Jax from Mortal Kombat and a student looking girl with a guitar. Not the street fighters I was hoping for like Adam or Axel, who does at least have a really good updated design. Blaze has had some sexualised Mai Shiranui treatment from KoF, looks great but not sure I like as much as prior versions for s street fighting character.

Background graphics: They've worked hard, but go into battle mode and you've seen a lot of what it has to offer, it looks fairly generic and similar, the line drawn tablet art style isn't as engaging or detailed looking as pixel art can be, again just opinion.

Overall, it's definitely good, seems like a perfect game for gamepass for me, well worth buying for others.

Soldato
Can you not just use gamepass for a month?

It's £1 for a month or £3 for 3 months.

Just download the xbox beta app to your desktop and go from there.

Remember to immediately cancel the subscription renewal by following the link on the confirmation email if not you get billed every month at full price.

I do this every month. So far I have had it for 9 months at £1 ago. Well worth it, there is tons of content and games on there.

Soldato
So just trying to play for the first time and setup Gamepad. It won't support a bunch of them. I'm trying with an official Sega Saturn USB and no luck.

Soldato
Well I bought it on steam, my xbox version would not boot.

I think the steam version is better I read it has more graphics options and supports arcade sticks and boots up.

Back
Top Bottom