PPE Equipment Shortage & OCUK Thanks

Man of Honour
I'm waiting on a couple of parts. My printer is quiet for the first time in a over a month printing the pursa shields with 3d crowd (seems they are close to approval as well). Our local hub has got about 2,000 out in the past 10 days and the whole network 80k or so I believe.

Soldato
OP
Hi skidder

I have bought one since doing this and none of the monies were from donations in the end, as I ended up spending it all on filament due to the price rises.

Sad really because if prices were the same I could have done double.

Ben. Thank you. I'm doing a filament order when GofundMe pay me :)

Man of Honour
Oh that's good to hear. That seemed a bit off in your other thread.

Yeah prices are brutal. i have sepnt about £150 on filament so far.

Man of Honour
I'm waiting on a couple of parts. My printer is quiet for the first time in a over a month printing the pursa shields with 3d crowd (seems they are close to approval as well). Our local hub has got about 2,000 out in the past 10 days and the whole network 80k or so I believe.

Yea I broke mine as well, I only had it a few weeks but the 24/7 printing blew a stepper motor driver, I spent the last few days putting in a new board, new firmware, new lcd and some other new bits to get it back online while simultaneously designing and building a printer of my own design. I have also switched over to a local group from 3dcrowd called Visor Crew as they had a good amount of funds in gofundme and are providing me filament each week as quite simply I was spending quite a bit of my own money as well as time. They are also picking up regularly each week from my doorstep so I don't need to be booking couriers etc. The shield are going directly to southend hospital, basildon hospital, Essex police and a number of local care homes etc.

Man of Honour
Yea I broke mine as well, I only had it a few weeks but the 24/7 printing blew a stepper motor driver, I spent the last few days putting in a new board, new firmware, new lcd and some other new bits to get it back online while simultaneously designing and building a printer of my own design. I have also switched over to a local group from 3dcrowd called Visor Crew as they had a good amount of funds in gofundme and are providing me filament each week as quite simply I was spending quite a bit of my own money as well as time. They are also picking up regularly each week from my doorstep so I don't need to be booking couriers etc. The shield are going directly to southend hospital, basildon hospital, Essex police and a number of local care homes etc.

Yeah, it's well organised and quite nice being part of a community. I've been self funding for the moment but could get reimbused or filament but figure others may need it more. My parts just arrived a couple of mins ago so hopefully I can get back up and running this evening. My poor ender 3 has spent the last couple of years printing perhaps once a month to then going 24/7

Where you getting yours bud? Everywhere is going terrible!

Sunlu on amazon but it has got pretty out of control

Associate
Can you confirm you received email my mate.

Thanks

Yes - sorry - got caught up with getting bits out yesterday - 750 laser cut ones to a local school to assemble and give out, 130 to a brain injury unit at a local hospital and then 50 to a care home. Yours will be posted today/tomorrow - aiming for a bundle of 250 - Is that enough?

Soldato
OP
Yes - sorry - got caught up with getting bits out yesterday - 750 laser cut ones to a local school to assemble and give out, 130 to a brain injury unit at a local hospital and then 50 to a care home. Yours will be posted today/tomorrow - aiming for a bundle of 250 - Is that enough?

Helps millions buddy. Saves me a lot of time. Literally have a million people wanting them haha.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Yeah, it's well organised and quite nice being part of a community. I've been self funding for the moment but could get reimbused or filament but figure others may need it more. My parts just arrived a couple of mins ago so hopefully I can get back up and running this evening. My poor ender 3 has spent the last couple of years printing perhaps once a month to then going 24/7

Sunlu on amazon but it has got pretty out of control

Every little helps. I would love to be able to do more but I am working full time while trying to print as much as I can during the days and nights but it is taking its toll on my little £80 i3 clone printer. Hopefully the one I am building will be more robust and able to be more reliable. I would also like to pass on my i3 clone once my new one is built so somebody else can get involved and learn all I have.

Soldato
3dqf is £15 a KG.
If your lucky you can get a 20kg order if your really quick on their order days.

I recently got over 20KG from Tiztec at £14.75 a KG.

I have 28KG of PLA including my own special colour stash and 8KG of PETG left.

Currently getting. Through 2KG a day on 3 printers. Hoping to get my Raise3d N2 printing this weekend. Just converted it to a 32bit SKR board. Need to wire in the fans before I start to print. That will up my Production rate.

Warwick Hospital are using my face Shields. Every care home within 5 miles from me has had a delivery too.

GoFundMe.com/mrbonham

Let's keep going people!

Back
Top Bottom