*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
looking forward to xenoblade chronicles at the end of may. Had it on the DS but couldnt get on with it being on a small screen despite the excellent story and gameplay, only managed about 20 hours.

Soldato
Managed to pick up a Nintendo Pro Controller yesterday, absolutely loving it so far feels so comfortable and much better for certain games.

It has a mega battery life of up to 40hours and charges well quick due to being USB-C. I've no idea why I didn't pick this up earlier, as i've had the console a year or two.

Soldato
Yes, got one for me and the wife recently, we both love ours as well, even if they did cost almost £50 each, but they make some games far more pleasant to play.

They're expensive but I can see why now, the battery life alone is phenomenal compared to most controllers. When she does manage to run it out, its because she's literally left it running non-stop for around 2 days between charges.

Soldato
Hollow Knight is challenging but certainly beatable (although I bailed at the post-game content!), a couple of the bosses are tough nuts to crack but there are usually a few routes you can explore to get upgrades that will make them at least a tad easier.

Soldato
Any one know where I could perhaps get new super Mario bro circa £30-£35?

Im sure it was around this price at one stage but can't locate it anywhere

Associate
Managed to pick up a Nintendo Pro Controller yesterday, absolutely loving it so far feels so comfortable and much better for certain games.

It has a mega battery life of up to 40hours and charges well quick due to being USB-C. I've no idea why I didn't pick this up earlier, as i've had the console a year or two.
I prefer the remotes than the pro controller .

Yep battery is excellent on it.

Man of Honour
It's a shame the d-pad is so bad on the Pro controller. It still annoys me that Nintendo put the worst d-pad they've ever made on it, despite perfecting the d-pad the first time around with the NES controller.

Soldato
Got a pro controller on order as well. Having a lot more time for games lately kind of highlighted that the joy cons dont cut it for long sessions or online gaming.

Playing Mario Kart at the moment, anything 150cc up and the AI cheats like mad.

Soldato
I prefer the remotes than the pro controller .

Yep battery is excellent on it.

I actually prefer the Pro controller, more comfortable for longer gaming sessions with my big hands.

It's a shame the d-pad is so bad on the Pro controller. It still annoys me that Nintendo put the worst d-pad they've ever made on it, despite perfecting the d-pad the first time around with the NES controller.

I don't find it so bad, definitely seen worse ones.

Got a pro controller on order as well. Having a lot more time for games lately kind of highlighted that the joy cons dont cut it for long sessions or online gaming.

Yeah that was my thing, don't mind using joycons for Mario when with the misses and/or friends but for longer gaming sessions the Pro controller is so comfy and fits in the hands perfectly.

Man of Honour

On 150cc you want the slowest combination possible as the ai scales to your top speed.

Soldato
Have you tried playing a game that relies on it, such as Celeste?

For normal platformers it’s not a problem but for games that require precision diagonal inputs it’s next to useless.

Ahh not really, mainly been playing Mario Kart, Pokemon Sword and Animal Crossing so nothing that relies on it as of yet.

Caporegime
Anyone had a pro controller....die?

Mine was working fine. But I plugged it into my PC in an attempt to use it for streets of rage but nothing happened (on the pc side) - since then, it doesn't charge, no green lights, nothing...

I feel like its bricked :(

Back
Top Bottom