The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
As an aside, do you think the trend of shoe horning social agenda items into every facet of consumable media is a good thing? And if so, why?

I think it's good to new and interesting stories but believe that trying to shoe horn social agenda items in to media in the way they do recently is not good at all. Most people are probably quite apathetic to a lot of these items but it would provoke a negative reaction if it is constantly shoved in your face. I appreciate that these companies/brands/whatever do this as they are trying to normalise a lot of these issues but shoving it in peoples faces doesn't normalise anything, people just get sick of it.

If you want to normalise something it just has to naturally be a part of something, don't make a song and dance because you've manged to include the first XYZ moment or character into your media. How we go about that I don't really know though.

I'd wager all of you just want a good story when you play this and would feel a bit annoyed if that was compromised purely because they tried to cram something in that didn't need to be there. Video games for most of us are meant to be an escape from life for a few short hours at the end of the day.

And yes you will always have a small pocket of people that hate on something just because.

Soldato
I'm not sure how much value I'd put in the opinions of people who have deliberately sought out spoilers in the first place.

Well, some people took the risk, me included as I was sure they won't be able to top the first game. I'm glad because if I played this fresh, I'd be flabbergasted. No offence but I'm not sure how my curiosity diminishes the value of my opinion, especially if it's in line with 90% of people who have seen more than you have?

The story is idiotic and random, and that's beside the obvious pandering they did. The latter wouldn't be a problem at all if it didn't feel so forced and hurt the plot overall. When you think about the setting, some of it this stuff is pretty hilarious. Wish I could write more but I can't.

It's pure nonsense, they couldn't find a better way to trample the legacy of the first game and the themes it portrayed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Unless Gameplay is actually very good then I will likely either skip it or wait for a cheap remaster edition on PS5 in a few years. Will read the reviews and make up my mind.

Soldato
No offence but I'm not sure how my curiosity diminishes the value of my opinion, especially if it's in line with 90% of people who have seen more than you have?

Because you and others are now here seemingly attempting to ruin it for the rest of us, either maliciously or inconsiderately.

Caporegime
OP
Sure, sorry for that. I'm just a bit miffed since TLoU is one of my favourite games. Well, it's not that far from release, people will be able to make up their own minds. Sorry again.

i get your miffed, and yes it’s not that long until release, then we can all discuss our feelings on the game.

I’m still excited to play it, despite the opinions I’ve seen of people who have read spoilers because it becomes all too apparent what happens.

Soldato
Because you and others are now here seemingly attempting to ruin it for the rest of us, either maliciously or inconsiderately.

How is me saying the story is idiotic ruining that for you when you may as well think it's utterly brilliant?

I didn't spoil anything serious, nor did I give out a recap of the storyline or a detailed account of any of the key points/cutscenes.
You can see in two months who did more ruining, me or the devs. Then you'll also be able to talk about the value of an opinion, so far you can't because you haven't seen the game. I have.

Soldato
How is me saying the story is idiotic ruining that for you when you may as well think it's utterly brilliant?

Because you're using the fact you've sought out these spoilers yourself to antagonise people and to be able to say "I told you so" when it's released, ala:

I'd love to see your face when you finally get to know everything:p
and
You can see in two months who did more ruining, me or the devs.

There's really no need for it. Plenty of people here are still excited for the game, are actively avoiding spoilers and would probably prefer to either experience it fresh for themselves without wondering what all the negativity was about, or wait for professional reviews that can actually articulate on the game and its themes a little better than "Hurr hurr I'm cancelling my pre-order, agenda agenda etc".

So far most of the negativity appears to be following a certain theme so I'm not particularly about what my own opinion of the game will be.

Soldato
Because you're using the fact you've sought out these spoilers yourself to antagonise people and to be able to say "I told you so" when it's released, ala:

and

There's really no need for it. Plenty of people here are still excited for the game, are actively avoiding spoilers and would probably prefer to either experience it fresh for themselves without wondering what all the negativity was about, or wait for professional reviews that can actually articulate on the game and its themes a little better than "Hurr hurr I'm cancelling my pre-order, agenda agenda etc".

So far most of the negativity appears to be following a certain theme so I'm not particularly about what my own opinion of the game will be.

I could articulate plenty on the themes in the game but I chose not to precisely to not aggravate people who are waiting for it or tempt them into clicking my spoilers.

However, I have every right to say it's subpar. It doesn't change or spoil anything.

My comments were like that because people ranted on about anti-SJWs without knowing anything. mid_gen didn't make a big deal out of it but you're engaging in some first-class drama for whatever reason.

And let me get this straight: you're actively avoiding spoilers, yet you're hanging in this thread after the plot was leaked when you know the release date and don't have anything insightful to say because you don't know the plot? What do you want to discuss here at this point?

Anyways, I'm out of this thread, I suggest you do the same if you really think everyone is trying to ruin your experience. If you think that was my intention, I'm sorry.

Soldato
Seems like ND/Sony are pulling some very dubious activities over the whole LoU2 drama - dont worry zero spoilers regarding plot or anything about the game in the linked video.

https://youtu.be/m4Wyl7lHElM

(if you read the comments then its your own fault, theres bound to be commentary about the leaks)

Soldato
Naughty Dog / Sony obviously haven't heard of the Streisand effect, lol. HeelvsBabyface is only one of a handful of youtubers that have been hit with this crap.

Can't say I care much for the game, I have it on PS3 and PS4 but never actually completed it yet, know about the ending already, but the plot of the sequel looks a bit ***** IMO.

Soldato
Naughty Dog / Sony obviously haven't heard of the Streisand effect, lol. HeelvsBabyface is only one of a handful of youtubers that have been hit with this crap.

Streisand effect? Try all publicity is good publicity. TLOU2 is going to be a wildly successful launch, no matter what internet drama queens are making of the leak. Which reminded me, I hadn't got my pre-order in yet, done!

Last edited:
Soldato
The Eurogamer review will be 95% political and SJW focus and the rest on the game.
There are only a few sites now that actually focus on the games without inserting their political agendas everywhere they can.

Soldato
Hahahah

What a poo show. I haven't totally seen all the spoilers but just checking up on the fallout.

Wow Druckman gone off the deep end changing his social media handles to "Abuser of characters" and calling people homophobes and don't like it don't buy it!!!!

Anita Sarkeesian has had her paws all over this lol. I never knew Druckmannn was a huge fan of hers. No wonder this is just full on 2020 politics.

Also the reason why the leaked happened......

Shame on you shame on you!!!

Taking massive bonuses while you have staff getting furlonged.

Then threating staff with the sack when they asked could they get a partial advance on there bonuses and telling them they have to wait till May 2021.

No wonder Amy Hennig jumped ship

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless Gameplay is actually very good then I will likely either skip it or wait for a cheap remaster edition on PS5 in a few years. Will read the reviews and make up my mind.

The 'reviews' will be positive because politics and feelings.

I've not counted on reviews in years now since it's all became politicized.

Back
Top Bottom