• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
I've been playing around with my Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 in Arch Linux and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. I've settled on an undervolt/overclock of 1662MHz GPU @ 1080mV, 900MHz HBM2 @ 950mv and power overdrive set at 30%/235W. I'm seeing sustained clocks of 1620MHz (up from 1512MHz factory overclock) using ~160W under 99% load in Folding@Home at 65oC (fan at 1333MHz). Does that sound about right? Going higher or lower (on clocks or voltage) just made the clocks unstable, or stable and much slower.

Soldato
Need to validate with a benchmark really.

Define validate? It's a folding machine and passes FAHBench with 106-109 points (10% higher than factory) with no errors. It passes RealBench stress, and 3DMark Pro Stress (Firestrike and Timespy). It scored >21,500 on Firestrike iirc (the screenshot is on my Windows partition and I'm folding on Linux atm). I was more asking whether those types of clocks/volts were decent for the card, or whether I could get more with time/experience.

Soldato
My sam mem on my 56 pulse doesnt like it over 900 either with 1000mv on it. Thats when i did undervolting but now i dont as stocks fine except for gta 5 at 1440p. Rdr2 is great without it tho.

Soldato
My sam mem on my 56 pulse doesnt like it over 900 either with 1000mv on it. Thats when i did undervolting but now i dont as stocks fine except for gta 5 at 1440p. Rdr2 is great without it tho.

Yeah from what (little) I've read around about it, they do fine on V64 BIOS (mem over 1000MHz etc) but the 56 BIOS just doesn't like it. I get a nice boost for FaH with the undervolt/overclock I have so I'm happy enough with it.

Associate
My Powercolor Red Dragon V56 has Samsung memory which clocks to 980MHz (I haven't bothered touching the voltages for memory). My missus has a Sapphire Pulse V56 with SK Hynix memory which clocks to 1010MHz (again, no messing with voltage)! Both with stock V56 BIOS. If her case didn't have a clear side panel, I would have swapped out cards a year ago...
>_>

Soldato
Late to the party v56 owner :)

I just want to undervolt it to improve power consumption but also increase performance slightly, I don’t really have the time to keep benching etc with different values, it’s an air boost reference model, I noticed the undervolt option in tuning etc in the amd software.

Is there a likely safe overclock and undervolt value I could just input with as less faff as possible? :)

Will tinker more in the future and maybe do v64 bios but for now I just want to play some games!

Associate

I just want to undervolt it to improve power consumption but also increase performance slightly, I don’t really have the time to keep benching etc with different values, it’s an air boost reference model, I noticed the undervolt option in tuning etc in the amd software.

Is there a likely safe overclock and undervolt value I could just input with as less faff as possible? :)

Will tinker more in the future and maybe do v64 bios but for now I just want to play some games!

If you can goto Radeon Watman settings. Undervolt to around 1010, overclock to 1600 and boost the power limit 50% of 50hz....I forget which

Soldato
Yeah it crashes if I go over 900MHz on HBM2. Samsung memory too. *shrug*

need the V64 bios so it gets more memory voltage.

Yeah from what (little) I've read around about it, they do fine on V64 BIOS (mem over 1000MHz etc) but the 56 BIOS just doesn't like it. I get a nice boost for FaH with the undervolt/overclock I have so I'm happy enough with it.

ah didnt see this one before i posted. my bad. My card run at 1100mhz HBM for 2 years before the HBM started to fade off. Back on the V56 bios to give it a rest.

Last edited:
Associate
I remain thrilled by this card for 1080p gaming. It’s superb.

I use mine for 1440p, still very capable if you turn down a couple of expensive settings. Shadows from high/ultra to medium for example, **** all visual difference during gameplay but quite a difference in frame rate and stability.

Soldato

if you really cant be bothered you can download a profile from this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SySAEMm9rJM

Soldato
Do u have any idea why my RX vega56 stays at about 500Mhz HBM (graphics memory) rather than the 930Mhz I have in MSI afterburner for certain benchmarks, specifically cinebench R15 GPU test and any 3d mark versions I've tried. It seems fair when testing Heaven 4.0 @ ~1500Mhz GPU and full HBM speeds. Its fine in games aslong as the CPU can keep up @ 1080p. Which ofcourse I'm working on currently: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33582117

I have set PCI express link power mangement to disabled in control panel> poweroptions which improved clockspeeds in heaven 4.0 to ~1500Mhz from the 1610Mhz set in MSI afterburner (I have to use AB because AMD adrenalin software will not accept my custom fan curve which is necessary when running a AIO CLC, but I run RTSS by default in combination with HWiNFO for OSD & G15 LCD readout).

I really want to beat my old scores in 3dmark with my 4690k and vega 56 (but I was running 950Mhz HBM default volts which is marginally unstable in normal use).

As a side note I've found using Gigapixel AI that I have to keep my HBM to 850Mhz roughly or blackscreen. Maybe its due to using all the HBM instead of games using like 1.5GB @ 1080p.

Back
Top Bottom