Was buying this lot a terrible idea?!

Soldato
Covid-19 spontaneous purchasing continues.....

Wanted something FAST that will last but also liked the appeal of a smaller shell...

Have the following coming -

Ryzen 7 3700x retail - plan on using the stock cooler?!
32Gb 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM
Intergral 512gb NVMe M.2 (will add another 2TB SSD)
NZXT H210 case
MSI B450 Gaming Plus AC
Seasonic GX-750w PSU
and till I decide on a GPU a cheap GT 730

I want to go 2080ti to future proof it so at the moment eyeing up the Asus GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI TURBO which will just fit in the H210.

Will likely need to beef up the cooling I imagine....

Will be used for work and gaming on a 43" Asus ROG Ultrawide :)

Soldato
Will a 3080ti benefit me much over a current card??
Only sure thing about Nvidia is hefty brand overpricing.
But new Xbox coming before Christmas has fully 2080 Super level GPU in raw power.
With very tight optimizing of everything in consoles it's certain to perform well and especially with raytracing could beat 2080 Ti.
Pretty sure MS and Sony weren't satisfied with MCAS augmented raytracing performance of RTX cards and demanded more from AMD's new architecture.
(next-gen consoles have "mid size" model)

Rumours say up to 50% increase over current gen but as they say, 'don't believe the hype' ;)
Nvidia probably meant price as plenty of cultists are already rising their hands with their bank account in it while declaring their creed.
Hubbard would be proud of Jen-Hsun.

Soldato
OP
Ok its coming along and will be complete tomorrow :D

Went with an EVGA 2080ti XC Gaming which I got for £920 :)

The H210 is a lovely case but very fiddly to work in! Hopefully the MSI board has a 3rd gen compatible BIOS pre installed else that will delay me!

fjnpCFO.jpg

Associate
I was curious why someone with so many posts on this website would blow such a lot of cash on such an unbalanced pc.

Then I read your other posts/topics.

Enjoy your hotbox.

Back
Top Bottom