**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Associate
I seem to have a display problem with my OnePlus 8 Pro - in direct sunlight, there appears to be a pink tint which gets darker if the screen hasn't been used in about 10 seconds - shadows then appear to make the display appear normal.

Here’s a picture, could someone else check in direct sunlight please.

Soldato
I seem to have a display problem with my OnePlus 8 Pro - in direct sunlight, there appears to be a pink tint which gets darker if the screen hasn't been used in about 10 seconds - shadows then appear to make the display appear normal.

Here’s a picture, could someone else check in direct sunlight please.

I had time spare so googled it. I couldn't see any but I did see this:

https://forums.imore.com/iphone-x/396071-iphone-x-pink-hue-screen.html

The Iphone was deemed faulty...was replaced and the replacement was fine.

:(

Associate
Soldato
Thanks buddy. I am not sure whether that’s the same issue as I only see the link hue in very bright direct sunlight - other than it, it’s perfect. When in direct sunlight and a shadow passes over it, the shadow makes it normal.

Yeah there was that difference. When you say a shadow passes over it? When you don't have a shadow over it , it's pink? yeah I guess if it's only very bright sunlight.

I have a note 9 and it's perfect in direct bright sunlight. Been out in it today with it. I was going to get the Oneplus 8 but these display issues put me off it a lot.

Associate
Yeah there was that difference. When you say a shadow passes over it? When you don't have a shadow over it , it's pink? yeah I guess if it's only very bright sunlight.

I have a note 9 and it's perfect in direct bright sunlight. Been out in it today with it. I was going to get the Oneplus 8 but these display issues put me off it a lot.
The shadow of my hand or face then makes it appear perfect. Plus, after a few seconds it goes darker pink until I press the screen. I have a video but not sure how to upload it due to size.

Associate

https://youtu.be/qfyzravHPvo

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha.

I was sceptical at first given the size of this behemoth but I've come around. It's a complete package over my Pixel 3 and I think it's here to stay. I'll post my thoughts in the next couple days, in general I'm pleasantly surprised with the experience. Battery life at max res and fps is excellent. Camera is not as great as the Pixel but good enough. Bonus being the extra focal lengths. The screen is stupendous.

Soldato
Haha.

I was sceptical at first given the size of this behemoth but I've come around. It's a complete package over my Pixel 3 and I think it's here to stay. I'll post my thoughts in the next couple days, in general I'm pleasantly surprised with the experience. Battery life at max res and fps is excellent. Camera is not as great as the Pixel but good enough. Bonus being the extra focal lengths. The screen is stupendous.

That's good. Nice to see a positive review.

Associate
So couldn’t resist the temptation and ordered a oneplus 8 pro to have a play with - with the intention of potentially keeping, however it had a fault with the screen, there was a dot next to the camera from the moment I turned on the display, tried resetting to factory settings, fiddling with the display settings nothing. It’s almost as if the screen has been miss calibrated from the factory and has miss aligned the display with the camera cut out. We aren’t talking a stuck pixel, it’s like a cluster of them! Photos below. May re order haven’t decided yet, for now it’s going back as faulty.

https://imgur.com/IZuwixH

https://imgur.com/dH0USGy

Back
Top Bottom