3700X Idle temp

Soldato
Soldato
Hi all,

I have a 3700X. At idle the temp sits around 48-49c - not overclocked, cooled by H100i PRO cooler.

Is this a little high?
Under load, the CPU gets to perhaps around 65c (playing Battlefield)

Thanks

Soldato
The 3000 chips do tend to fluctuate. You could try downloading and installing the latest AMD B450 chipset drivers then using the AMD Ryzen Balanced or High Performance Windows power plans to see if it is an issue with C-State or P-State voltage/frequency management. I'd also use HWiNFO64 to montitor what your Core Voltage is doing, my 3700X is doing 33c/43c/35c (Min/Max/Av) with Core Volts 0.99v/1.49v/1.10v (Min/Max/Av) on the AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan, the High Performance plan is doing 33c/50c/38c with Core Volts 1.01v/1.49v/1.28v.
Hope that helps.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
The 3000 chips do tend to fluctuate. You could try downloading and installing the latest AMD B450 chipset drivers then using the AMD Ryzen Balanced or High Performance Windows power plans to see if it is an issue with C-State or P-State voltage/frequency management. I'd also use HWiNFO64 to montitor what your Core Voltage is doing, my 3700X is doing 33c/43c/35c (Min/Max/Av) with Core Volts 0.99v/1.49v/1.10v (Min/Max/Av) on the AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan, the High Performance plan is doing 33c/50c/38c with Core Volts 1.01v/1.49v/1.28v.
Hope that helps.

OK. I laready have latest chipset and am using the Ryzen 'balanced' power plan.
Strangely Ryzen Master seems to report the CPU downclocking to around 2000MHz however HWiNFO suggests all the cores are basically pinned at 4300.

Idle voltage tends to be around 1.4V-1.45V it looks like

Soldato
Something sounds off almost like you have a residual overclock, so I would start by uninstalling Ryzen Master, as it can't always be trusted, you should be able to do whatever you need in BIOS regards PBO anyhow. If that doesn't work try resetting BIOS to optimised settings.

I'm running the latest BIOS for my board which is AGESA 1.0.0.4b, this may make a difference with power / voltage management if you are on a much earlier version. Running Cenebench my cores are all averaging just under 4200 and VIDs are ~1.35v

Associate
OK. I laready have latest chipset and am using the Ryzen 'balanced' power plan.
Strangely Ryzen Master seems to report the CPU downclocking to around 2000MHz however HWiNFO suggests all the cores are basically pinned at 4300.

Idle voltage tends to be around 1.4V-1.45V it looks like
mine dose the same on HW it shows its pined at 4.3 with the volts pined at 1.333 and when idel when i run CB20 the volts go to 1.28 but Ryzen Master shows the cores go down to around 300 to 900 and volts at 1.09 idel

Soldato
Looks like there can be issues with reporting if you are using Ryzen Master along with HWInfo which you both are. Try installing the latest version of HWInfo (v6.24) - https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ - Personally I don't use Ryzen Master, it has been more of a problem than a help, it doesn't do anything that you can't do in BIOS and I find HWInfo much more useful for monitoring, so my advice would be to stop using it.

BTW - the words you meant to use were does, pinned & idle.

Associate
Looks like there can be issues with reporting if you are using Ryzen Master along with HWInfo which you both are. Try installing the latest version of HWInfo (v6.24) - https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ - Personally I don't use Ryzen Master, it has been more of a problem than a help, it doesn't do anything that you can't do in BIOS and I find HWInfo much more useful for monitoring, so my advice would be to stop using it.

BTW - the words you meant to use were does, pinned & idle.
the think is i dont run them at the same time and out of all 3 ryzan master comes closest to what i hope is correct only thing i think ryzan master is getting wrong is the peak volts it shows at 1.333

Back
Top Bottom