**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Interim case until my sandstone one arrives.

IMG_20200507_133027-01-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
Haha.

I was sceptical at first given the size of this behemoth but I've come around. It's a complete package over my Pixel 3 and I think it's here to stay. I'll post my thoughts in the next couple days, in general I'm pleasantly surprised with the experience. Battery life at max res and fps is excellent. Camera is not as great as the Pixel but good enough. Bonus being the extra focal lengths. The screen is stupendous.

Any further thoughts a few days on?

Soldato
Any further thoughts a few days on?

Yes overall I'm happy with the phone. It's funny how I was so against going back to a big phone but somehow I'm used to it already. I guess it helps when a phone is this good a package.

I love the full screen modern look, the phone is blazing fast, OxygenOS is excellent, screen is bright, accurate and super smooth, battery life lasts me all day at qhd/120, charging is also mega fast and the cameras are good enough not to be a let down. It's nice to have all the focal lengths over my Pixel 3 but you just can't beat the Pixel for image processing and nailing the shot.

Anything in particular you require?

If you're on the fence I'd say try the cooling off period see what you think. There's not another handset out there that appeals to me as much as this one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just pulled the trigger on the pro . Used my 10% off which brings it down nicely. Looking forward to using oxygen os and faster updates.

Going to feel weird being a smaller phone though I guess coming from the mate 20x

Associate
Just pulled the trigger on the pro . Used my 10% off which brings it down nicely. Looking forward to using oxygen os and faster updates.

Going to feel weird being a smaller phone though I guess coming from the mate 20x

When do you get your 8 Pro?
Give us your thoughts compared to the Mate 20 X, I have the 20X also & would be interested in thoughts of them.
Ta

Soldato
How did you get 10% off at the rainforest?
Also is it actually arriving on Saturday? I know royal mail aren't doing Saturday deliveries and couriers usually don't.
I work for them learning and development department, so employee discount .

Says Saturday on the order delivery

Soldato
Both of these review echoing my thought's on this phone. After 2 weeks with the phone it's now a chore to even pick up my old Pixel 3 with its slow screen and terrible battery life ha. I will miss the camera though.

OnePlus 8 Pro... The 2020 phone to beat

Soldato
Areas to improve upon:

Flatter and slightly smaller screen
No camera front cam cutout
Always on display
Better camera processing interms of consistency and detail when cropping. Pixel 3 can literally freeze motion and is a one shot camera.
SD slot would be a lovely but unlikely bonus.
Matte Black colourway

Soldato
I had my opo8p 1 day and it's already going back. I just don't know what it is but they still feel like a beta product ( I've had the OnePlus 1, 2 6 7 pro and 8 pro)

Front camera is good equality BUT you need to hold the handset so far away! Mine also started randomly playing some sort of music or something randomly despite having NOTHING open

Last edited:
Soldato
I had my opo8p 1 day and it's already going back. I just don't know what it is busy they still feel like a beta product ( I've had the OnePlus 1, 2 6 7 pro and 8 pro)

Front camera is good equality BUT you need to hold the handset so far away! Mine also started randomly playing some sort of music or something randomly despite having NOTHING open

Interesting. What do you believe that other OEMs do better?

Soldato
I'm getting mine exchanged tomorrow with JL.

Screen had micro scratches under the pre-installed protector - guess this was missed in the factory, all the same direction, top, middle and bottom of glass but only visible under light. Wouldn't have noticed if I kept the plastic screen on.
Display has black mark at top in low light, and tint at the bottom. Not as bad as some I've seen, but bad nonetheless.

35% brightness in total dark room with 5% grey image.
FEZqlnb.jpg

and about 20% brightness in total dark room with 5% grey image.
pxJGdY0.jpg

Both taken on a Pixel 2 XL in total darkness.

Back
Top Bottom