Electric Scooters could soon be legal...

NVP

NVP

Soldato
International Transport Forum study finds electric scooters as safe as bicycles.

E-scooter riders do not face significantly higher risk of road traffic death or injury than cyclists.

Motor vehicles are involved in 80% of fatal crashes with e-scooters and bicycles.

Traffic will be safer if e-scooter and bicycle trips replace travel by car or motorcycle.

The fast-paced evolution of micro-vehicles challenges governments to put in place safety regulations that are future-proof.

Regulate low-speed micro-vehicles as bicycles Micromobility can make urban travel more sustainable. To prevent over-regulation, low-speed micro-vehicles such as e-scooters and e-bikes should be treated as bicycles. Faster micro-vehicles should be regulated as mopeds.

https://www.itf-oecd.org/10-recommendations-safe-micromobility

The whole study

https://www.itf-oecd.org/safe-micromobility

Caporegime
Today's government daily briefing. Due to the coronavirus the trial is going nationwide to ease public transport and help with social distancing.

Was just looking on bbc news and can't see it. Can see the extra 2bn pledge though. Getting cars off the road and people on to bike and scooters though will be a great leap forward.

Edit: just been looking at them and noticed one major issue - nowhere seems to support the warranty if they've been ridden in the rain!

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit: just been looking at them and noticed one major issue - nowhere seems to support the warranty if they've been ridden in the rain!
If you're spending more than a couple of hundred - you need to be prepared to maintain it. It's no different to a bike - if you don't care for it, it'll be a piece of rusty junk in no time.

Soldato
I've been looking at a Zero 9 or Mantis Lite.
I'm after something good for commuting without being over heavy, these seem to be a good middle ground.
Need to do plenty more research.
I think all the online shops will sell out pretty quickly.....

NVP

NVP

Soldato
2019 edition of the EMove Cruiser is IP65 rated, modular cabling, decent brakes, decent motor, great suspension, great foldability, low->mid weight. Tubeless tyres, they're also working on off-road tyres for it.

Seems to be the best for a UK commuter. Could do with a dual motor version.

Otherwise you've got the Dualtrons (Spider /raptor) which are great quality (minimoto) and more than capable but much higher priced, I think their Eagle Pro is more than suitable for a UK commuter.

Then you have Inokim, some great models and high quality build, not as pricey.

All these 3 companies have great after care service.

I've been looking at escooters for a while and have been debating having some manufactured to a decent spec for the UK and selling them on, however after sales would be an absolute ball ache.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom