**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
I'm getting mine exchanged tomorrow with JL.

Screen had micro scratches under the pre-installed protector - guess this was missed in the factory, all the same direction, top, middle and bottom of glass but only visible under light. Wouldn't have noticed if I kept the plastic screen on.
Display has black mark at top in low light, and tint at the bottom. Not as bad as some I've seen, but bad nonetheless.

35% brightness in total dark room with 5% grey image.
FEZqlnb.jpg

and about 20% brightness in total dark room with 5% grey image.
pxJGdY0.jpg

Both taken on a Pixel 2 XL in total darkness.

Let us know how you get on.

Soldato
Are any of you lucky 8 Pro owners able to confirm that it charges at 10w on the appropriate pad? A lot of reviewers are still neglecting to point that out unless, like me, they missed the small print on OnePlus' own website.

Associate
I had my opo8p 1 day and it's already going back. I just don't know what it is but they still feel like a beta product ( I've had the OnePlus 1, 2 6 7 pro and 8 pro)

Front camera is good equality BUT you need to hold the handset so far away! Mine also started randomly playing some sort of music or something randomly despite having NOTHING open
Are you saying that you returned all these phones? I'm curious about what in OP phones make them feel like beta products.

Soldato
Yeah I am still a little confused about this - OP state 10w on a normal Qi charger but I still see new reviews state 5w.
Are any of you lucky 8 Pro owners able to confirm that it charges at 10w on the appropriate pad? A lot of reviewers are still neglecting to point that out unless, like me, they missed the small print on OnePlus' own website.

I have the Pixel stand, I'll drop it on there when charge drops to 20% and test for 30 mins. :)

Soldato
Sorry, what are the claims and what needs testing? I have a Huawei CP60 15W Wireless charger I could try?
Hi Andy. The claim is (as per Oneplus' own product spec) that the 8 Pro can charge at 10 watts on a standard fast QI pad and then reverts to 5w on regular pads. However many of the reviewers are not highlighting the 10w and claiming it's 5w only across the board - except for the the 30w OnePlus pad obviously. That being said I haven't seen or heard any anecdotal evidence to confirm the 10w charging.

Soldato
As I think back now, I thought it one reviewer had said it was only on OnePlus' own pad? When my battery is low later, I'll give it a try :)
Thanks Andy, be interesting to test this further.
Np.
Yes 5W indeed. If it was capable of 10W wireless charging I expected it to work @ 10W with the Pixel stand. Doesn't bode well.
If it is 5w that would certainly put the kibosh on me purchasing an 8 Pro. I am more than happy with my 7T Pro and I really want to keep it for more than 12 months (for once!) but the lure of wireless charging is hard to resist. I know it's not necessary and a luxury feature but it's nice to have.
However if it is indeed only 5w then it would be a waste of time. I would have no intention of buying the OnePlus stand - it's too expensive for one and it really locks you in to their tech. I like their devices but I'd like to at least keep my options open to change manufacturers down the line.

Back
Top Bottom