**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

maj

maj

Soldato
Recently debloated my Note 8 Pro but how do Xiaomi get away with putting adverts in their ROMs? Never seen adverts in other manufacturer ROMs (Android or otherwise). Might just have to stick with Solid Explorer for viewing and opening downloads. I have some Xiaomi domains blocked in pihole already but these ones are still getting through.

mLmHiV6.jpg

UodzwKZ.jpg

maj

maj

Soldato
Poco F1 here running the latest available MiUi and not seeing any ads in the stock Downloads app, VPN off and away from home, too

Yeah the missus has a Mi 9 and doesn't get adverts either. She is on 11.0.6.0 where as mine seems to be stuck on 11.0.3.0. Might just try and manually flash 11.0.6 and see if that gets rid of them. Having googled it there is a manual way but you have to disable settings in certain apps but it shouldn't be needed.

@maj - any tips/signposting please? Expecting a Xiaomi phone for my mother-in-law soon and want to get rid of their crap.

I used this as it has an easy to use GUI. Have a read of the FAQ if your phone isn't detected.

Soldato
If they just added a little more to the price for 90hz it would have been a winner. Or make a variant with 90hz.

It would cannibalise their regular Mi 10 sales, basically need to buy the latter if you want 90Hz and wireless charging. Although it has a useless macro lens whereas F2 has a tele lens.

Soldato
At £410 the poco F2 Pro is very tempting. Anybody dealt with Gearbest before?
*edit*
Looks like it doesn't have band 20 which may cause problems for me on Three :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom