Microprose is back!

Soldato
I remember spending an obscene amount of time on B-17 and Knights of the sky. I'd love a remake of those.
I loved the Knights of the Sky intro music :D
that game, and Flying Corp Gold, brought it home how horrendously scary that job must have been. I remember being in a dogfight, zipping about quite happily then I did a dive/turn and my top wing snapped off and left my looking blankly at a spinning ground rushing up, 25 seconds of sick horror lol. no parachutes? no way!

Soldato
When I hear Microprose I think Transport Tycoon/Railroad Tucoon and original Civilization. Epic games.
Transport Tycoon is still popular and growing in its open source OpenTTD form. Not bad for a 25 year old game!

+1 for Transport Tycoon (Deluxe). Fantastic game. So happy that got continued with OTTD.

Caporegime
nothing looks that interesting about these 3 titles to me.

when you look back at the innovative and unique games around in the old microprose days then you look the screenshots of these 3 games...

I think your heart dies a little inside.

the list is almost endless of amazing games someone could pump out clones or remakes of in a couple of months and make me really happy.

had high hopes when cinemaware tried to make a come back. they made some amazing games back in the day shame

the speedball 2 game some years back by the bitmap brothers was really good though imo, reminded me of the old version so much, seemed as faithful as my memories recall.

would "it came from the desert" kinda miss games that blend multiple genres together, like rocket ranger etc used to.

we don't need everything to be 3d :/

spore was a good try and reminded me of the cool games back in the day, shame it got turned in to a piece of crap and not sticking to scientific facts like the creator wanted.

it would have been almost a scientific educational tool

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure why this is exciting.

It's not the same Microprose you remember.

So it's just another company that has taken a previous company's name in a bid to ride on that previous company's successes.

Call me a cynic.

Seems it's been passed around a fair bit, like Commodore, etc.
Worth remembering this.

Back
Top Bottom