Streets of Rage 4, it's happening

Man of Honour
Played this through in one sitting with a friend today - was good fun! Smack ‘em around!!! Give ‘me the taste of your fists!!!! Mmmmmnnnghh!

Games like this are very much... what they are. I don’t have much incentive to play again, but I enjoyed the time I had.

Edit - I’d probably agree that level design isn’t as fun as SOR3. But many of the old henchmen (and at least one old boss) do make an re-appearance and the reimagining of them is great!!

Associate
Love the art style, really enjoying the game but levels get progressively shorted as campaign goes on which is a shame - should be able to nail a full completion under 45 mins.

HOWEVER I am experiencing a few issues...

1. Lag playing with others can be quite gruelling
2. Inexplicable freezing and pausing midway through a level
3. XXXXXX has stopped responding gets thrown up a lot meaning session is a write off
4. Only Adam seems to have a quickstep (so far), is that right?
5. There's no way to specify quality over quantity connections

That being said, have just downloaded a 55MB update for Xbox, hopefully alleviates some of the problems.

Soldato
The lag isnt great but I tried it late at night so hope it improves in the day. It's annoying to play coop with a stranger only for them to die and quit and it closes the session

Cherry has running and another unlocked character. I do feel the other characters need a run/dodge especially in single player. The difficulty seems a bit high on normal in solo mode. The bosses invincible stages and certain grenade/mortar strikes/across screen attacks are not dodgable.

Apparently the Xbox gamepass version is one patch behind the others so it lacks the retro graphics options and the combo timer runs out quicker. Different teams looked after different console versions apparently.

It's a shame it's only 2 player online. 4 player would be a blast and make higher difficulties much easier. It's also why I think the difficulty is more aimed for at least 2 players.

Soldato
Loving this also. The game pass version. I have reached the lift stage and failed on the boss on normal. It's games like this that remind me how bad I suck at gaming!!!

Soldato
I do feel the other characters need a run/dodge especially in single player. The difficulty seems a bit high on normal in solo mode. The bosses invincible stages and certain grenade/mortar strikes/across screen attacks are not dodgable.

Totally agree with that. I've only play it solo and it's just impossible to not get hit.

Soldato
To be fair, the originals were a lot less fun solo than with a friend. The AI was (and is) cheap and predictable with attacks that you can't avoid. Harks back to my days playing Final Fight and The Simpsons in arcades as a kid :D

Associate
To be fair, the originals were a lot less fun solo than with a friend. The AI was (and is) cheap and predictable with attacks that you can't avoid. Harks back to my days playing Final Fight and The Simpsons in arcades as a kid :D
Turtles in time, Golden Axe, Double Dragon ah the good old days.

Soldato
I've been playing this on game pass since Friday, and I have to say, really like it. Of course, I'm old and remember getting the original "Bare Knuckle" for my imported Mega Drive when I was 16 or 17 and my mate worked in the coolest game shop that sold all the Japanese stuff.

I've unlocked all the legacy characters now (SoR 1 - 3), I think, as the progress bar on level complete has gone.
I really need to work on my boss beating skills. Once I crack that, I reckon Arcade mode will be doable on at least normal, even though I can't even finish easy, yet.

Soldato
I bought this on PS4 and it certainly seemed to have quite a steep learning curve on single player whereby the first level it took ages for me to get hit and then complete carnage.

I managed to get most of the way through the game on Normal with Axel (my character of choice in SoR 1 & 2) however I got to one boss (won't mention due to spoilers) and I wasn't doing nearly enough damage and got absolutely battered. I switched to Floyd and beat the boss first time. I stuck with him for a couple of levels and then went back to Axel and finished the game with him.

It's definitely got replay value for the extra difficulties and characters to unlock but I dread to think what those difficulties are like in single player mode. I agree the music isn't as good so will probably play through again with the retro music option enabled but overall I think it was worth it and will be good to play 4 player locally once lockdown is lifted (whenever that may be).

Soldato
I got stuck on the stage 8 boss was a total mare. Jumped online to clear the it and now I'm on the final boss.

Music has been subpar apart from the lift stage in 8 that really got me in a rhythm!!

Soldato
Hmm levels are not very balanced!! Breezed through the last two with an A rating solo on normal and still haven't done 8 solo lol.

SOR2 Axle is pretty awesome

Back
Top Bottom