Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
agRNDpF.jpg

I've only gone and got myself a bike...

Ammaco Pathway X2 bike. It's a hybrid which I was looking for and so far feels nice. I'm a bit unsure about the square-ish crossbar but I can live with it. Also in the photo: New Kryptonite D-Lock which came with a cable for extra things to lock up. It's mounted on the side but doesn't get in the way while I ride which is excellent, otherwise it would have had to go in the backpack.

Other things I got was USB LED front and back lights, small bike pump and puncture kit. Got some mud guards on the way too.

I've already been around the block a couple of times already on it and just need to make a few adjustments as I had to put it together, but other than that, it feels great to ride again.

Associate
While I agree with that sentiment....what kicked this off is...let's start in the beginning.

This nut on my guitar comes loose every once in a while and all I do up to now is use my fingertips to tighten it.

ySUJlTk.jpg

They make a single tool to tighten this for £13.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/allparts_...-j4GrkqbwfZj5N8BeytvxXiYfu-nXTqAaAk29EALw_wcB

So spending a little more in a tool set (like £30_ is acceptable and more useful, but buying a 200 piece Halfords or a Snap-On set? lol I think that's overkill.

I started with 1 nut, and we are talking about a £6k socket set, i might as well buy a new guitar, or several new guitars lol :p

I recommend applying a small amount of glue to the plate where the nut screws down to. It will easily turn afterwards with a tool but will prevent it from working itself loose in future.

Soldato
So the Halfords tools are good?

I'm so sick of trawling through pages and pages of cheap Chinese crap looking for decent tools. Even some of the respected brands like Stanley are just falling apart.

I've been happy with my Ryobi stuff for power tools but want to start populating my hand tools. I've got a triple red chest of SnapOn kit inherited from my Dad but it's all Imperial.

Soldato
So the Halfords tools are good?

I'm so sick of trawling through pages and pages of cheap Chinese crap looking for decent tools. Even some of the respected brands like Stanley are just falling apart.

I've been happy with my Ryobi stuff for power tools but want to start populating my hand tools. I've got a triple red chest of SnapOn kit inherited from my Dad but it's all Imperial.

Still using a socket set I got from halfords ten years ago when I started driving, all going strong.

Back
Top Bottom