The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
They reverted it last week.

I saw but i am one of the lone voices that agrees with the nerf.

The M1A has converted 80% of the player base into a bunch of max DPS+revive hive drones, these glass cannon players form the majority and are also in the minority of players that rage quit or, will pick players out on the team not running such builds.

The outcry of the M1A nerf has only confirmed how big a problem this really is, when you have what, 100 weapons in the game, 1 weapon gets the nerf. hammer and the world is ending.

Massive need to address why players feel the M1A is the only gun that they feel can be used (it is not) and why the max DPS builds are the only ones they can use (ditto).

V F

V F

Soldato
I've been developing a build with full armour, hazard and explosive protection, crusader shield, armour on kill and bonus armour on kill talent on the backpack.

For damage i use Sawyers kneepads, focus, and weapon damage increase on headshots and i'm literally dealing so much damage right now whilst being able to somewhat not care about fire/explosives to some degree.

I'm sticking with this build, it's fun and it fits my playstyle.

I'm living right on the edge with my build, it's a bit haphazard until I can get better stuff. No heal on kill or armour restore yet but a ton of cyan gear dropped last night for me between missions and control points including the rogues. I must have gotten at least 20 gear pieces in the course of 5 hours play last night.

Though those rogue agents are quite tanky but fun.

Soldato
I saw but i am one of the lone voices that agrees with the nerf.

The M1A has converted 80% of the player base into a bunch of max DPS+revive hive drones, these glass cannon players form the majority and are also in the minority of players that rage quit or, will pick players out on the team not running such builds.

The outcry of the M1A nerf has only confirmed how big a problem this really is, when you have what, 100 weapons in the game, 1 weapon gets the nerf. hammer and the world is ending.

Massive need to address why players feel the M1A is the only gun that they feel can be used (it is not) and why the max DPS builds are the only ones they can use (ditto).

I don't disagree with you on your points but I do disagree with the need for the nerf. The reason so many are running these builds (I'm not one personally I hate the gameplay) is because of the many many issues with the way NPCs are tuned atm and also the loot variability. In order to get decent loot the way it's currently tuned it's a pure volume game in the hope you get the one piece of reasonably rolled loot needed for your build. As such it's about running heroic/legendary in the quickest and most efficient way possible which involves full red dps builds to rip through the silly amounts of armour the npcs have.

If they intend to nerf Bakers/M1a they need to nerf the amount of armour npcs have on heroic/legendary (along with skill spam, nade spam, fire through walls etc.). Or if they don't intend to change npcs they need to increase the damage across the board to bring all weapons in line with the dps output of bakers. Shotguns and SMGs are in a sorry place and basically useless outside of pvp.

Skill builds are for the most part unfairly neutered in damage compared to full red which makes little sense and there is really only one viable damage build (six skill seeker builds either with Glass Cannon/Calculated or Hard wired).

Soldato
I've been developing a build with full armour, hazard and explosive protection, crusader shield, armour on kill and bonus armour on kill talent on the backpack.

For damage i use Sawyers kneepads, focus, and weapon damage increase on headshots and i'm literally dealing so much damage right now whilst being able to somewhat not care about fire/explosives to some degree.

I'm sticking with this build, it's fun and it fits my playstyle.

I like that idea, but you can stack all the armour and armour protection in the world and it still gets stripped in one shot by some 'red' grunt with a pistol from half a mile away. It's the reason why I've given up on armour builds and started running DPS instead.

Soldato
With assault rifles, how quick can people here drill through elites on Heroic?

with perfect glass cannon, in short order. the problem is staying alive as you need to be stood out of cover and closer to the target keep the damage on and optimal, with rifle/svd builds it is less cover sensitive as you can keep ducking from distance as your optimal range is longer.

servers are back up.

V F

V F

Soldato
with perfect glass cannon, in short order. the problem is staying alive as you need to be stood out of cover and closer to the target keep the damage on and optimal, with rifle/svd builds it is less cover sensitive as you can keep ducking from distance as your optimal range is longer.

servers are back up.

I had a horrible encounter last night solo'ing Heroic Control Point 4 near the Basin stronghold as I was hunting sniper rifle loot. Full of elites but that wasn't the problem. It all kicked off when two Lieutenant Medic leaders spawned. I kept chasing one to kill him while the other ran and hid reviving the others. Every time I chased one medic, the other vanished somewhere and a whole army appeared, rinse and repeat.

It got to the stage I let myself die to call for back up. Someone came to my aid and we both took out those Medic leaders. I must have spent 1 hour 20 minutes on it. 2 Elite Medics spread out was not fun at all. In between the sniper dogs.

It was kind of fun at first until they were undoing all the work. What is so ridiculous is how fast they can revive others and heal themselves versus me.

Associate
My brother and I have sunk 100 hours of our lockdown into Ghost Recon Wildlands coop over the last month and have pretty-much exhausted it, so we’re looking for something else. Ghost Recon Breakpoint appears to be a flawed experience, The Division 2 has caught my eye.

A few questions...

- Is it a game that we could happily go through in coop as a team of 2?

- Most of the reviews I’ve seen are from release, is the game in good shape these days?

- The video reviews show enemies needing a gazillion bullets each to go down, is that the way things go?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
@chrismox - In answer to your questions...

• Yes, 2 player co-op works beatifully, played the entire game with the Mrs this way.
  • The game is in great shape these days IMO
  • Enemies are bullet spongy, but nothing compared to the first Division. It is what it is, which is a looter shooter where enemy/weapon level plays a large part in how quickly enemies go down.
Like yourself we loved Wildlands but would not recomend Breakpoint having given up halfway through due to sheer boredom.

Soldato
My brother and I have sunk 100 hours of our lockdown into Ghost Recon Wildlands coop over the last month and have pretty-much exhausted it, so we’re looking for something else. Ghost Recon Breakpoint appears to be a flawed experience, The Division 2 has caught my eye.

A few questions...

- Is it a game that we could happily go through in coop as a team of 2?

- Most of the reviews I’ve seen are from release, is the game in good shape these days?

- The video reviews show enemies needing a gazillion bullets each to go down, is that the way things go?

Thanks.
Team of 2 works fine, the game is in a good shape but its has a few problem areas one of which is loot. Its not as bad as some people make out and is playable but I am still using a lvl 30 items at lvl 40 despite 100 hours+ as I have not been able to find a replacement. I have a lot of the rare exotics like Lady Death with the bare minimum of effort but at the same time the dime a dozen exotic bag which is easy get seems to be out of reach for me. Enemies don't take a gazillion bullets on normal or hard unless your build is poor.

Associate
Team of 2 works fine, the game is in a good shape but its has a few problem areas one of which is loot. Its not as bad as some people make out and is playable but I am still using a lvl 30 items at lvl 40 despite 100 hours+ as I have not been able to find a replacement. I have a lot of the rare exotics like Lady Death with the bare minimum of effort but at the same time the dime a dozen exotic bag which is easy get seems to be out of reach for me. Enemies don't take a gazillion bullets on normal or hard unless your build is poor.

Thanks, Pottsey.

I don’t know of the whole loot/build thing is for me. I like a game where I can wander around enjoying myself (like Ghost Recon) without feeling like I need to grind through some points-gathering exercise just to spend 10 minutes in an inventory screen, leveling-up my gun enough to make it effective. Maybe I’ve missed the point, but I’m not sure how fun this sounds...

V F

V F

Soldato
Thanks, Pottsey.

I don’t know of the whole loot/build thing is for me. I like a game where I can wander around enjoying myself (like Ghost Recon) without feeling like I need to grind through some points-gathering exercise just to spend 10 minutes in an inventory screen, leveling-up my gun enough to make it effective. Maybe I’ve missed the point, but I’m not sure how fun this sounds...

The recalibration station can appear daunting at first but it really isn't. When you start getting better guns and gear for your builds, the bug to hunt for better rolls/re-roll your rolls on the crafting station or swap parts of your stats, the game becomes very addictive.

The complexity of the builds is quite intense for the encounters to balance dps, shock, pulse and so on really is fun. Let alone the thrill of the Dark Zone.

There is a lot of inventory management in this though but it's great fun or even giving guns/gear/mods to your friends you don't need.

It's great fun.

Associate
The recalibration station can appear daunting at first but it really isn't. When you start getting better guns and gear for your builds, the bug to hunt for better rolls/re-roll your rolls on the crafting station or swap parts of your stats, the game becomes very addictive.

The complexity of the builds is quite intense for the encounters to balance dps, shock, pulse and so on really is fun. Let alone the thrill of the Dark Zone.

There is a lot of inventory management in this though but it's great fun or even giving guns/gear/mods to your friends you don't need.

It's great fun.
Thanks for that.

I guess the 200+ pages of this forum thread speak to people liking the game, maybe I'll give it a go...

V F

V F

Soldato
Thanks for that.

I guess the 200+ pages of this forum thread speak to people liking the game, maybe I'll give it a go...

Trust me, it's a deep deep game to the builds but it's hella fun. I wasn't sure what I was getting into but it got me so hooked. I never got into it until just before Warlords released. End of February.

I still die a lot since I have no explosive/shock/pulse/hazard protection. I haven't done any raids yet but I've heard they can be very, very sweaty.

Warlords definitely was a fun expansion though. I thought it was worth the money.

There is also a shooting range later on that you can unlock to test everything you own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom